(13) Hibiscus

Sem break is almost over! Just 20 minutes left and it is over!

Classes starts tomorrow, but for some reasons, I'd be absent for 2 days since tomorrow would be Thursday.

ANYWAYS,

Crazeeps, thank you for your support!

And for you silent reader, still, thank you !

ENJOY 😊

~-~

"C-c-c-call C-Cobie?" Elliot's demeanor changed and he started snorting like crazy. "I-I d-d-don't c-care. Pfft, so what?" He stuttered out, "I-I-m not sca-scared of h-her or s-something." He rolled his eyes, "Pfft, I really don't care."

Oh really? Let's test that, shall we?

"COOOOOBIE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Not too long after, the door was slammed open and still fresh from the shower Cobie showed up while screaming, "WHERE'S THE FIRE?!"

Cobe was still in a towel with her hair dripping water on her shoulders and some white bubbles on the top of her head, arms, and legs.

My eyes were as wide as saucers as I heard some choking sounds from behind me coming from my lovely brother.

"... You-!" Cobe's eyes widened, "...Elliot."

"H-Hey." El stuttered out. What's with him and stuttering today? "Y-You look n-n-nice."

Honestly speaking, I believe that El said that in a nice way, in a well this is awkward, so I'm going to start a convo way, in a no malice way. But unfortunately for him, he said that at the worst time.

Her cheeks flushed red and she immediately held her towel around her tighter. "I gotta go."

And with that, she fled out of the room, making El followed her shortly afterward with stuttered apologies.

"They're adorable." I told Jay, "Why did they break up again?"

"I have no idea."

"STAY AWAY YOU PERV!" Were the screams coming from Cobie.

Soon, the door was slammed open and a blushing Elliot ran inside before shouting back, "I'M NOT A PERVERT!"

A bang came from the other side of the door, "THAT'S WHAT PERVERTS SAY!"

Elliot groans while rubbing his forehead like a stressed-out old man.

"You're gonna have wrinkles." I chuckled, "Soon."

Jay laughed and walked towards the room's refrigerator. He knows his way around since after all, this is his room. He grabbed something in it and gave it to me.

I raised an eyebrow and stared at the shiny red apple. "What's that?"

"An apple."

I raised my other eyebrow. That's weird, Jay's being nice and generous all of a sudden. I asked him, "Does that have poison in it?"

Jay smirked, "If there was, do you think I'd answer you honestly?"

I frowned as he laughs wholeheartedly. "It's breakfast, don't worry."

I shook my head and crossed my arms. Like I am convinced with his little tiny deathtrap. Jay never offered me anything; not with a chair in our family's dinner dates, not with a paper when I don't have one in our class activities, and definitely will never be an apple for breakfast.

That's just impossible.

"Oh come on!" Jay laughed and took a bite from the apple, "See? I'm still alive!"

"You won't be if you don't explain to me why you and my sister are all friendly and all." El frowned while taking the apple from Jay's grasp, "Talk."

"No, you talk." I took the apple from him and ate it, "You have a lot of explaining to do, Mr."

His eyes widened, "I'm your older brother."

"Just in about a year." I shrugged him off, "No biggie."

Elliot rolled his eyes and cleared his throat, "Fine." I nodded and sat down on Jay's bed.

"Hibiscus Ariolet." Elliot started, "Aka Anaconda Jr.-"

"Who's he?" I cut him off while taking a bite of my apple.

"A son of our father's enemy. An enemy he made when he was still young and was dealing with Underground illegal fights-"

"Anaconda? Do you mean the one who fought unfairly? The one who cheats? The one who beat up his dad?!" I cut him off again while pointing towards Jay, making him roll his eyes and put my hand down.

"Yes, that Anaconda." El nodded, "Although, I am quite shocked that you remembered him since most people don't."

"I'm not most people." I winked while laughing hysterically, causing Jay to look at me with a poker face.

"Anyways," El continued, "We received some threats coming from Hibiscus not too long ago and-"

I cut him off, again. "How long is not too long ago?"

"8 hours, 37 minutes, and 3 seconds ago." Elliot answered without even finishing one blink, "And counting."

"What are the threats?" I asked him.

"Well, the threats are about you, actually. We received folders and envelopes containing pictures of you, not the normal ones, but stolen pictures from different angles. A threat that shows that they are indeed following you." El paused, "In one of the envelops, it is mentioned that the reason why he's sending you this is that-"

I cut him off with a question, "Why is he stalking me?"

El frowned and spat out, "You'll get all your answers if you actually let me finish my statements."

"But your statements don't answer my questions."

"Will you please just wait?!" El snapped, making me take a step back and mockingly put my hands in the air, a mock of surrendering to him.

Jay laughed and put an arm around me, "Let him finish."

"Go on," I nodded at El, "Go on."

El sighed through his nose and continued, "It is mentioned that he is doing this out of revenge."

Revenge?

Jay's grip around me tightened as I voice out my question, "Why is Saitama -I mean, Hibiscus, wants to get me back? I didn't do anything to him!"

"We have a theory that he is avenging his father's crushed pride by getting his revenge on you."

"I don't want to be rude or a class a girl dog, but why me?" I scoffed, "Why not you?"

"He already has his revenge."

"Oh really?"

El looked down and whispered the words I never thought I'd be hearing, "He has been stalking me since I was in high school."

I gasped out in shock. Honestly speaking, the truth almost gave me a heart attack! "Hibiscus is gay?!"

"Wha-? No!" Elliot cleared his throat, "... He had his revenge on me by..."

"By..?"

"Making me push away the person I loved the most."

Then it hit me like a truck of bricks.

"He has been stalking me since high school."

"He had his revenge on me by making me push away the person I loved the most."

During his high school years and middle school years, there was only this one person he loved the most that he hadn't been together with since then and until now.

Cobie.