(20) Crime Scenes Are So Overrated

HI YO CRAZEEPS!

I'm currently in my hometown right now, Manila, so I'd be writing a lot of stuff since well, I'm inspired and hopefully stress-free!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORTS! Thank you for voting, commenting, sharing, and reading!

Enjoy 😊

~-~

I bid Pryla goodbye as I wave like a lunatic while watching her car leave the university's parking lot. Inhaling, I turned around and exhaled deeply when my eyes drifted to where I was supposed to be going; the shortcut.

It's not that I'm worried because the alleyway is smelly, or because the alleyway was dark, or because the alleyway has lots of unwanted pests in it; no. I'm worried because of the last incident I and that alleyway had experienced.

Me learning that the guy I used to love, Jay Emerson, maybe working with NASA and FBI for I witnessed him killing something, an alien -well, aliens.

Taking one last breath, I fixed my bag strap and walked to where the shortcut was. "This is gonna be easy."

It has to be.

I clenched my fingers around my phone tightly as I raise it in front of me, letting the light coming from my phone illuminate the dark alleyway. Tiny rats and cockroaches immediately scattered, skinny cats and bugs followed too.

I looked at my screen and gulped when I noticed that if I'll walk slowly, darkness will welcome me in less than 5 minutes, and if I'll walk at a fast pace, darkness will arrive in less than 10 minutes.

So I'm choosing the latter.

Pushing the doubt to the back of my mind, I faced my fears head first and decided to run.

If I'll walk slowly, I have 5 minutes left before the sun finally sets down; If I'll walk fastly, I have 10 minutes; If I'll run... we'll see...

I hopped and skipped while running, I ran so fast that I can hear my own heartbeat. But even if I ran... the darkness overtook the alleyway. The only light source was my phone and this is scaring me poopless since well... my phone is going lowbat.

"I can do this..." I whispered as I walked slowly. "I can't do this damn it!" I shouted, "HELP!"

"Help!!"

I gasped since that didn't come from me.

"Is anyone there?"

"Please help me!"

I followed the strange voice, I tried to. Going through corners and corners, left and right -I have no idea why I now stand not too far away from what looks like a crime scene.

There was red liquid everywhere, and from the rotten smell of it, it's blood. I gasped out loud and took a step back.

I will not shout because of fear.

My phone flashes to the side and saw a bloody dead human body.

No. I'm going to scream out of terror.

I screamed at the top of my lungs, "HEEEEEEEELP!!!!"

A loud crashing sound was made just behind me, trembling, I turned around and gasped out with relief when I saw Jay... wearing a white suit... again...

"Jay...!" I gasped while running towards him. Putting my arms around him, I cried. "Did NASA sent you here!?" I hugged him tighter, "Did they report a massive killer alien on the loose?!" I looked at him in the face and whispered, "You're here to help me, right?"

I know that I'm making small sense right now, but it's still a good sign for it means that I'm still alive and not... dead.

Jay Emerson's eyes were never harsh, even after all his rejections and rude comments. It may be cold, yes; but never harsh.

But from the way his eyes shifted immediately to his normal ones, I have distinguished it. The difference between his harsh and normal eyes.

His eyes widened and relief flooded in them. "You're safe." He muttered before closing his eyes and hugging me back tighter than I have hugged him.

"Jay..." I sobbed silently, digging my head to his chest, enjoying the warmth of safety he is giving me.

He pulled away and looked at me in the eyes, "Tell me... What did you see?"

Even if there's a crime scene right now, my sarcasm will not stop. Tears poured harder, "A dead body!"

His eyes grew smalled, which usually happens when he wants to talk about some serious things. "Riley."

"It's true!" I wiped my eyes, "Tell NASA that Riley Langston simply saw a dead body!"

He pursed his lips, "Tell NASA what?"

"What?" I asked indecorously.

He put his hands on my face and wiped the tears away with his fingers. I leaned on his hands and closed my eyes. "Why will I tell NASA about this?"

"Why not?" I opened my eyes, "You're working with them, right?"

He closes his eyes and shook his head with a chuckle, "Since when did I start working with NASA?"

I scrunched my eyebrows in a questioning way, "When you killed those aliens the last time we were here."

His eyes snapped open and something I can't define flashed through it. "They were not an alien, Riley."

"Huh?" I asked, "What are you talking about?" If they were not aliens, what were they?

He licked his lips and hugged me again. He murmured in my hair, "Let's go."