(30) Photograph

As promised from the previous author's note, the 30th chapter.

I love you guys, so damn much! Thank you ❤️

Enjoy 😊

~-~

"Damn, I guess you found it." A sinister but familiar voice said from behind me. "I think you found what he was looking for." He spat out angrily while clenching his fists.

"Jay!"

Immediately feeling safe and comfortable, I felt tears brimming in my eyes and hugged him tightly, "What does the picture mean?!" He was about to answer but I squeezed him tightly, "Is it really what it looks like?"

"Yes..."

I buried my head further and muttered, "From the looks of it, Gil and Hibiscus are.. they... are.." He hugged me tighter as I finished my sentence, "Neighbors.."

"Yes, they are neighbors." Jay nods while hugging me back. "Wait, what?"

"They are neighbors," I pulled away and showed him the picture, "See the house behind them? They probably took the picture before Gil will leave. Possibly for college or something."

"What?" Jay's pursed lips broke into a smile, "Only you Riles, only you."

"What?" I asked as he went back to his serious mode. He grabbed the photo from my hand and tsked, "No, they're siblings. That's Anaconda, their father. And that's their mother."

Ohhh

"And for everything holy..." He added with an indecrous voice while pointing at the house in the picture, "Riley, that's a warehouse!"

"Oh..." I mumbled in awe, "But wait, how sure are you that they're siblings?"

"They look exactly alike!" He chuckled, "They can even be counted as twins!"

"Oh..." Then I realized something, "If they look alike, then why didn't you saw the resemblance? I mean, I didn't."

"... Imagine Hibiscus in his younger years, less muscle-y, and is not bald."

"Oh..." I trailed off as he nodded with a "Yeah.."

"Mmhmm..." I nodded.

He shook his head and grabbed my elbow, "Well we better get out of here before he comes back-!"

"Before who comes back?" A voice called out from behind us. I felt blood slowly drain out from my system and immediately feel a little light.

I folded the picture before shoving it behind the passenger's seat. "Gil!" I cleared my throat while getting out of the car and faced him, "I mean Mr. Goñen!" I forced out a little chuckle. "You're back a little bit earlier from what I expected."

Gil's perfectly trimmed eyebrow was raised as he walked towards us, for, after all, he is somewhat 4 meters away from us. "Yes, I've finished my paper works earlier than I expected."

"That's good," Jay muttered, pulling me beside him. "Well we better get going."

"Oh, yes." He flashed us his million-dollar smile, "Thank you, Riley, I don't know what to do without you."

I nodded along, "Yeah, I also don't know what to do without me." Realizing what I said, I cleared my throat and corrected my statement, "I mean, no problem." I forced out a chuckle again, a chuckle that sounds so awkward.

Jay grabbed my hand and smiled at my teacher who probably wants to kill me, "We're going now."

Without another word, we turned around and were about to leave when Gil called our, "Riley!"

I stopped walking which made Jay stop too. Freezing from where I was standing, I slowly turn around and smiled nervously, "Yes?"

"Have you seen any... unusual documente? Such as a photograph or any type of sort?"

"No." I answered immediately, "No photograph, there was definitely no photograph or any type of sort." I lied through gritted teeth.

"Oh.. Thank you again."

"Yeah..." I muttered before turning around and walk out of his sight.

This time, I'm the one pulling Jay out of the parking lot.

~-~

"So you're saying that you didn't bring the photo?" Jay asked indecrously as we walk around the school for the 6th time.

We are currently walking around the school again and again since Jay had parked his car in the school's parking lot, to where Gil is still probably parked. Doing whatever he is doing. I just can't face him right now.

"Yes, I said what I said earlier which what you just have said." I told him in a matter-of-fact voice, "I intentionally left the picture in the car."

"Why?!"

"Well.. what if I took it with me and then he had noticed that the picture isn't in the car anymore? Wouldn't that be more obvious?" I smirked like a true detective and patted myself on top of my head in my imagination.

"That's true." He sighed, "But the question is, how did you return it? I didn't see you crawling back inside the car."

"Because I didn't." I scoffed at his nervousness, "I just folded the picture and put it behind the passenger's seat."

"You what?"

"What?" I asked, "Aren't I a genius?"

"That made everything obvious!"

"Oh chill your pants, that didn't."

"Yes, it did."

"No, it didn't."

"Yes, it did."

"Nope, it didn't."

"Yes, yes it did Ms. Langston." And a loud gunshot was fired.