(19) Not an Oldie

HI YO CRAZEEPS!

Thank you for the support and love! ADVANCE MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!

By the way, if you guys received a notification not too long ago about me publishing this chapter and won't open, it's because I unpublished it cause I wasn't done writing.

ENJOY 😊

~-~

I felt my eyes widened and my mouth hanging open.

Professor?!

"How old are you man?" A random student asked out loud, making me and some of the students nod their heads with the agreement.

"I'm 25," He answered with a small smile. "Turning 26."

25? Turning 26?!

"Aren't you too hot to be a professor?" A girl asked while popping her gum. "I mean, aren't you too young to be a professor?"

Gil smiled slyly, "I don't know, am I?" He answered those for both questions I guess.

"What happened to Mr. Eola?" Jay asked, making me snap my head towards him. True.

Mr. Eola is our Calculus professor, a snobby, lazy, and moody Calculus professor. Well, was.

"He's..." Gil sighed sadly, "Something happened to him."

"What?" Jay asked, "What exactly happened to him?"

I faced Gil and saw him looking down on his desk, "He's currently sleeping right now."

I scoffed, "That lazy smart butt."

"What I meant was that..." His eyes met mine and something flicked, "He's currently in a coma right now."

What?!

Gasps were heard throughout the room. Gil silently opened his bag, grabbed something, and pulled out a red velvet rectangular box. He opened it and took out a pair of glasses.

"Why you?" Jay asked calmly while I watch Gil wear the glasses.

"Let's just say that I have connections in this university." He muttered. His dad is the dean -or something- after all.

"Connections?" Jay scoffed, "This is a university with a big reputation. I doubt your connections can pull something for you to enter this school."

His eyes widened, daring Jay to do something. "Like what you said, Mr. Emerson; this university has a reputation and yes, my connections may or may not have pulled some strings for me to get a job here, but I must say, I have my own reputation too."

"You know my name?" Jay asked interestingly, although, from the way he mentioned it, it seems as if it was a statement.

"I do my research before entering something," Gil answered while flicking his glasses with his middle finger.

HAAAAAWT!

"Anyways, I'm still a temporary though." He cleared his throat and stood up properly. "Let's start."

~-~

"You mean he's old?!" Pry asked, shifting her bag from her left shoulder to her right, "He's actually a college graduate?!"

"He is our temporary professor, so yes," I answered her while looking at my feet. Walking at a slow but not that slow pace
My hands were fidgeting as I try to understand my situation right now.

Gil's old.

"Well, he's not that old." I muttered my thoughts out loud, "He's just... 7 years older than us."

She scoffed loudly, "Than you." She stopped in her tracks, making me stop as well. "I'm 2 years older than you, remember that."

"Yes yes, whatever." I rolled my eyes as we continued walking again.

"You better start calling him Professor Oldie then." She laughed very loudly as if it was the funniest thing in the world.

"He's not an oldie, Pry." I faced her, "Age is just a number."

"And jail is just a room." She winked before continuing to laugh, "I mean, for his part, that is."

"Are you calling him a pedophile?" I frowned, "He's not that old for me." I gasped out loud, "He's not even hitting on me!"

"I don't know Riles," She chuckled, "Isn't he?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Stopping right outside the campus, I faced her and smiled sarcastically, "Well, I gotta go."

"Go where exactly?"

"Professor Goñen wants us to buy this huge butt protractor."

She raised a perfectly fleek eyebrow, "You mean Gil?"

"Yeah him."

"Well, I'll walk you to your car then."

"Uh," I shook my head, "I'm walking. Gas is like gold nowadays, you know?" I shrugged, fixing my bag strap on my shoulders.

"I can drop you off?" She offered nicely.

That's it. I asked her while crossing my arms, "What's up with you?"

She looked worried before clearing her throat. "It's getting late Riles."

My eyes widened in shock, "Whoa, since when did you worry about the time?"

She suddenly looked serious as all humor was wiped away from her face. "Since I've learned that the list of people going missing in this town is adding up like our country's population right now."

"What?"

"Just..." She sighed slowly, "Please be careful."

Those words sound familiar. "Always." I nodded while chuckling to lighten up the mood. I winked at her and laughed, "Don't worry about me, I know a shortcut."