(14) Oh

Hey Crazeeps.

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF MY SEM BREAK and I'd be super-duper busy tomorrow.

Oh well 😀

Thank you for all of your supports!

Enjoy 😊

~-~

  "The person you pushed away..." I paused, "Is it Cobie?"

Something flashed in his eyes before looking down, "It was either my family or her. I can't do that to you guys." 

I walked in front of my brother and slapped him.

Elliot looked up and his face looked like he's furious. Jay went beside me and was about to say something when El asked me angrily, "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?! I PUSHED HER AWAY FOR YOU GUYS!"

"You chose sides." I shrugged, "What would've happened if you've told mom and dad about this, hmm?"

"Nothing! They could've done nothing! I am dealing with Anaconda here, Riles."

"The same Anaconda whose ass got beaten up by our dad." I crossed my arms and stood my ground. 

He sighed, "I just..." He sighed and shook his head, "I'm leaving. Jay, take care of her."

Jay asked, "Which one?"

Elliot gave him a pointed look, "Both of them."

"Wha-? No, you're not!" I frowned and run towards the door. I stared him down, "I'm going to help for dinner so stay."

El rolled his eyes, "This is not your house-"

"But it is mine." Jay butted in. He looked at me and gave me a small smile, "Don't burn down the kitchen."

"Oh, I won't!" I grinned and gave them a little wave before leaving the room; leaving the two behind. I run down the stairs and greeted Cobie who is currently in the kitchen. 

"Where's Em and Adam?"

"They have their weekly night out," Cobe answered while flipping the fish."Oh, it's Friday already?"

"Mm-hmm." She rolled her eyes, "Disgusting."

I gave her a heartily laugh. Every Friday of the week, Em and Adam usually go out of this beautiful mansion together and have their own night outs doing whatever they are doing.

My laugh eventually died down when the events from earlier downed on me. Elliot dumping Cobie for her safety, that is.

Now that's just plain dumb. I'm not the type of person who believes that leaving someone is the best way to solve a problem. Fun fact for them, leaving is never the solution.

But he was young back then, he doesn't know what's good and bad for complicated situations. 

So I have to help him. I will.

"So Cobe," I started while washing the utensils she's using with soap and water, "Any lucky guy in New York?"

She chuckled, "What do you mean?"

"Oh, you know..." I laughed awkwardly, "Has someone caught your eyes or something? Like the something will be someone who may or may not have replaced someone's place in your heart? And that someone may or may not be my stupid brother or anything."She laughed, "What?"

I cleared my throat while drying my hands, "As you know." I walked towards her and stared at the fish. "Are you single?"

"Of course!" She laughed, "Single and ready to mingle."

"People still use that phrase?" I asked while scrunching my nose, "You sound old."

She rolled her eyes while chuckling, "If you're asking if New York is treating me right, then yes, it is." Nope. Nope, I'm not asking that.

"Cool, that's cool." I nodded and was about to say something when a loud bang echoed around the house.

No, it wasn't a gunshot. It's more in the lines of Jay taking out his anger by closing the door with a bang.

"Jay?" Cobie and I asked as Jay's face showed pure anger, ignored both of us, and left the house through the front door.

I immediately followed him out, "Jay? Where are you going?"

He continued walking and ignoring me. We probably are 10 meters away from his house and trust me, it is pretty cold and creepy since their house is quite isolated from the others.

"Jay! I'm talking to you!"He stopped walking, making me catch up to him. "Jay..."

The silence was my answer. Even with this cold darkness surrounding us, I can still see Jay's indescribable face. He looked furious, sad, angry... and just really vulnerable.

I asked him, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Is everything fine?"

"Whatever."

I sighed and asked him, "You can always tell me anything you know-"

"I know." He looked down and squeezed his eyes shut.

"It's already dark and I just wanted to know-"

"Shut up." He looked up and frowned, "Just shut the fuck up."

I was about to pinch him when he literally swatted my hand away and said, "Stop acting like we're together because we're not."

I froze. The funny part about this is that I didn't freeze because of the cold and chilly temperature, but because of his words. It hurts because I thought he was starting to like me, not as a lover, but as a friend.

And the worst part is that this wasn't the first time he had said this to me.

"Jay..." I paused and felt tears brimming in my eyes. "I... I'm sorry... I just thought that you were finally opening up to me and-"

He scoffed, "And what? Love you?"

I gulped, "At least as a friend...?" I gave him a small smile, "I'll take that."

"Pitiful."

I dropped down on my knees and cried, "What happened, Jay? You were finally being nice and were starting to treat me like a human being! What happened?!"

"You expected."

Flashbacks from the past hit me like a truck. This scene was quite familiar from the one we have years ago, although this time, it's way more painful since yes, I actually expected.

He knelt down in front of me and said coldly, "I'll never love you, so please, stop loving me."

Yes. It's so familiar. But the only thing different in this scene is because he simply stood up and walked back into his house, leaving me alone in the cold and dark night.

The cold and harsh reality crashed down on me; he said it himself. He will never love me.

What hurts the most is that I love him even more since he wants me to stop loving him because he will never love me. He still thinks about my feelings and doesn't want to drag it around.

Something wet was dropped from the sky. I looked up in the dark sky and felt more drops. It's starting to rain.

Silent tears fell down my cheeks and the rain washed them away.

I walked towards my car and was about to open it, but stopped when I remembered that I left my keys inside his home. But you must kill me first for me to enter that mansion because I will never step inside that place as long as I'm alive.

He wants me to stop loving him, sure.

I closed my eyes and started walking down the familiar road. It probably would be the last time too. I turn my head around and admired the beautiful white mansion before facing in front and ran.

Another funny thought is that I just realized that Jay Emerson's heart is way colder than this cold and dark night.