(26) Missing Quite

It's 2 am and I'm guilty that's why I wrote this asap...

I'm so so so so so so sooooorrrryyyyy crazeeps!

I'm currently on vacation and am well, making up from the stressful days from the past months. -This means sleeping, eating, watching, reading, and the cycle repeats itself.

I LOVE YOU GUYS, THANK YOU.

Enjoy 😊

~-~

"It's so good to have you back!" Pryla squealed as she squeezed me tightly. "You've been gone for a while!"

"Yeah..." I chuckled, hugging her back.

"Mrs. Dimuno even started asking about you!" She pulled away with a wondering look on her face, "She mentioned something about becoming like you brother..."

"Elliot?"

She scoffed, "The other one."

"Ohhh... Charlie."

"Mm-hm." She nodded as she raised both of my arms up, she asked. "Where have you been?"

"Somewhere," I was spun by her. "Uh Pry?"

"Yeah?"

"What exactly are you doing?" I asked since I probably looked bad. I mean, I am spinning around with both of my arms above me.

"Inspecting."

"Inspecting for what?"

"Stab wounds. Scars. Bullet holes."

"Wha-?!" I frowned at her as I put my hands down. "Why would I have those in my body?!"

She sighed, huffing out a gush of air from her mouth. "I'm thinking that you might be dead." She shrugged her shoulders, "Or was in a coma because you weren't answering my calls!"

My eyes widened when the realization hit me, "I think I lost my phone..."

She dramatically dropped her jaw as we both took a seat at our lunch tables.

"Then you were definitely in a coma!" She gasped, "You always use your phone. Always." She emphasized the word always, exaggerating it too by throwing her arms upwards.

"I was busy..." I muttered, not really planning on telling her about what actually happened. "I'm sorry."

"Then where were you?"

"I told you, somewhere..." I looked down guiltily. I feel bad hiding things from my best friend, but it has to be done. I can't tell her details about me, especially from the events that occur before since she'd start asking questions and those questions can bring her to danger.

Rolling her eyes, she crossed her arms and asked, "Then who were you with?"

I raised an eyebrow, "How would you know that I was with someone?"

"If you were on a trip for a long time; very very long time, then you must be with someone or a group of people."

Out of nowhere, a pair of strong arms were wrapped around my shoulders, and Jay's familiar masculine scent, technically his Axe aftershave, hit my nostrils. "She was with me."

He took a seat beside me, which made Pryla drop her jaw again, but this time, with wide eyes and has no sarcasm written on her face.

Suddenly, he kissed my temple then lowered his head to my neck. Giving it a light kiss, his lips trailed to my left ear, and whispered, "I bought yogurt, you're favorite." I faced him with a light smile, "Are you aware that I hate yogurt?" He laughed, "I'm kidding, it's ice cream." I grinned at him and pecked his lips, "Thanks."

"Hold up!" Pryla screeched, "What's happening here?"

I gave her an awkward grin, "Well, you see..."

"We're together," Jay explained briefly. Like literally, he summed it all up.

"Uh- uh- tss- I- erm..." She stuttered, "Am I in... an... another dimension?"

"What?" He asked, "I like her, she likes me." I raised an eyebrow and scoffed, "I do not like you!" He smirked, "Right, you love me." I smiled and kissed his nose, "That I do."

"Wait!" Pry frowned, "I don't care if you guys are together, but please, no PDA."

I chuckled with a nod, "Right, sorry." I put both of my hands on my lap and not even a second later, he grabbed my left hand.

"Oh! By the way, now that you guys are together; Jay, protect her at all times." Pry pointed at him with a french fry that is covered in ketchup.

"Why?" I asked out in curiosity. "I don't need a reason to protect you, I will always do that." Jay squeezed my hand reassuringly. I shook my head and waited for Pry's explanation. She never gets worried with this kind of stuff, well, not worried enough to tell me that.

She sighed, "Remember Quite?"

"Quite?" I frowned, "You mean the kid that suddenly went missing?" Realization hit me like a bus and looked at Jay, knowing that he might be aware of where Quite is since well, I did saw him kill people not far from this school.

"Yeah, him." She munched her fries, "Turns out that he's not missing."

"Oh?" I asked, not taking my eyes away from Jay. Curiosity was also written in his eyes; the both of us waiting for Pry to answer.

"He's not missing, he's dead."

I gasped and squeezed Jay's hand tightly. Facing Pryla, I asked, "What?"

She nodded, confirming her own words. "His body was found the time you were away. Since then, numbers of students were gone missing too."

What?!