(8) Quite Frank

My phone rang loudly, making me struggle with the bag I'm wearing and the books I'm currently holding. Fixing the stuff on my left arm, I answered the call when I saw Pryla's crazy-looking face on it. "Yosh?"

"Quite Frank."

"Huh?" I asked as I struggle again to enter the dorm building. "What are you talking about?"

"Quite Frank." She repeated, "He's in his 4th year in this university."

"Who?"

"Quite Frank."

'What's quite frank?"

"It's not a what, Riles." She groaned, "It's a who."

"Really?" I asked her indecorously, "Well, whoever that person is, what does he have to do with the reason why I'm about to kill you since I'm quite busy here!"

"You're about to kill me?" She gasped, making me face the wall. Well, I tapped the wall beside me with my forehead since my hands are quite busy.

"No..." Shaking my head, I walked towards the stairs and climbed up to the 2nd floor. "Anyways, who's he?"

"Quite Frank is a 4th-year university student."

Rolling my eyes, I struggled with what I was carrying when I was about to grab my dorm keys. "So what?"

"Quite Frank is missing."

Freezing on my spot, I whispered, "Since when?"

"Not too long ago. According to my connections, he was still at the university last night. Someone saw him walking towards the mall-short-cut alley and... that was the last time that person saw him."

"Mall-short-cut alley..." I trailed off as I silently sighed in relief when my dorm room opened. "Quite Frank went to the dark alley?"

"Yes, and-" beep.

I shrieked as loud as I can when someone grabbed my phone and ended the call.

"HEY MEANIE! THAT'S MY FUDGING PHONE-!" I stopped when I realized who it was. "Jay?"

"Riley." He nodded as he slides my phone inside his left jeans pocket.

"Dude, don't you have your own phone?"

Ignoring my question, he took a step forward. "You know a Frank?"

Frank? "You mean Quite? Quite Frank?"

"Yes. Do you know him?"

I rolled my eyes, "I did let you confirm if it was Quite."

"So you do..." He muttered, taking a step forward again.

"Yes..." I nodded awkwardly as I take a step back, "I've heard of him."

"How?" Another step forward.

Another step back. "Connections...?"

"What do you mean?" Ooh, we're improving! He took 2 steps now.

"I've heard... from... people..." I snorted, "Okay, take a chill pill, Jay."

He stopped and took off his shoes.

"What-?" I asked, "What are you doing?"

He looked up, "The shoes will get the floor dirty."

I scoffed, "The floor will get your socks dirty."

"It's alright."

Wait a minute. "Well, not for me. I didn't remember inviting you in, Emerson."

He smiled, "Well you have Alzheimer's then."

I frowned, "Oh shut up."

Chuckling, he puts his shoes beside my door and walked back towards me. Again.

"Okay, why are you here?"

"Because." He answered and literally skipped towards my small living room.

"Because?"

"Because."

I heard a noise coming from the corner, so I followed him shortly then frowned when I saw him lying down on my couch with my tv remote in his hand. "Uh... What are you doing?"

"Watching."

Scoffing, I crossed my arms and glared at the back of his head. "You're kidding me."

"I'm not."

I walked beside my television. "You have to."

'Why?"

"Because you're currently watching a documentary film about how lions mate."

His eyes widened and immediately, a cute little blush crawled in his cheeks. "I... I..."

Unplugging the tv, I walked towards him with my arms crossed and glared at him, "What are you doing here, Emerson?"

Pursing his lips, he sighed and his serious mode was back. "There's a threat, Riley."

"Excuse me?"

"You know Quite Frank... why? From who? How?"

"B-because!" I started laughing nervously, "We're like... university mates... ersh... school mates, you know?"

"No."

I uncrossed my arms and puts it on my sides. "We're both in the same university, Jay, so yes, I may or may not have seen him before."

"Impossible."

I started feeling agitated, "How would you know?"

"Because I made sure of it."

"... H-h-how?!" Wait... That could only happen if... "Oh my gosh..."

He stood up and walked towards me, "Yes." He crossed his arms and the unfamiliar blush settled on his cheeks again. "What you're thinking right now is correct. I-"

"YOU HAVE SUPERPOWERS?"

He nodded with agreement, "Yes, I've been-" h" He paused, "Wait, what?"

"Amazing!" I gushed out loud, "You're amazing!"

"No, no, no. You're wrong."

"What?" I raised an eyebrow, "You just agreed with my statement that-"

"What I meant was that I've been stalking you."

~-~

Ooooh OOH OOH Ooooh!

😀 CLIFF HANGER! 😚 Thank you for everything guys!