// seven //

After the exhausting day as I finally go to bed, my mind is filled with the events that happened since morning. My life has turned troublesome in a single day with Charlotte getting on my nerves again through one of her friends and Aaron nailing the job where I work. Or used to!

There's no way in hell that uncle Marcel will find me at front desk tomorrow morning, really not happening. I know I told him that I'll start working for someone else but he knows that no one will spare me a minute of theirs other than that bakery down the lane. But, I have experience now, that too working for months in such renowned publishing house can definitely get me a job somewhere else, right?

I wish I could seek Ella's help but she owns her own small boutique which she runs with Connor's another bitchy friend whom I absolutely despise. This job area is totally out of her reach.

Ella! She fucking called me today and I hung up on her when she wanted to grab lunch. I reach for my phone and dial Ella's number and all I hear is a groaning Connor in the background, cursing me out.

"Diana, look at the time! Not an appropriate one to call your friend who shares an apartment with her boyfriend." She says with an annoyed tone and I laugh.

"I am not going to apologise for spoiling Connor's boner but I am sorry that I couldn't grab lunch today, how about tomorrow?" I ask and she laughs a little.

"Yes, see you tomorrow. Bye now."

"Have nice sex." I laugh in the phone before hanging up.

After I keep my phone aside, a smile is still there on my face as I'm remembered of the time when I first met Ella. She was different, not like me or any other girl that you'll easily come around. To put it in simple words - she was a nerd who had her head too deep inside the books to have any outlook on life.

And Connor, he was the playboy who was wrapped around her finger just days after they casually started dating. They've been together since two years and I came across them in a party, individually. Ella looked too out of place and that was my cue to make her feel even more uncomfortable. But, Connor came to her rescue and we ended up arguing like cats and dogs which still continues to this day and since then, Ella has been the one to break our fight. He was clearly looking for one night stand at that time, impressing a girl by being her knight in shining armour but that's just how their friendship began with each other and mine with Ella.

Connor and I didn't talk much until years later when they were officially together. But now, I'm used to them being a part of my life. With the thoughts of my two idiot friends in mind I close my eyes and doze off.

What feels like just half an hour later, my phone starts ringing and I groan loudly before answering it without looking at the caller ID.

"It's not 911, wrong number!" I say, clearly annoyed and hear a giggle on the other end.

"Even in sickness, you manage to make me laugh with that sassiness."

I frown as I rub my eyes and speak again, "Who's on the line?"

"Lucy,"

"Ahh! Why are you ruining my sleep?"

There's a minute of silence on the other hand which almost makes me doze off again but then I hear her sigh.

"I'm sick so you gotta give full day today, I'm really sorry. It's just fever and headache so if you cannot manage it, let me know, I'll come."

My first reaction is to groan again until I'm reminded of the fact that I promised myself that I won't ever step into that office again.

"Sorry to disappoint you but I don't work there anymore," I tell her as I close my eyes.

"What?" She practically screams and I have to make some distance between my phone and my ear.