// seventy //

Diana's POV

A little peck on my forehead makes me stir in slip as I slowly open eyes, letting out a grunt as I flush my face in the pillow. My legs are tangled with a pair of others and I can feel an arm lazily drooped against my torso.

"Mornin' love." I hear him say before I acknowledge his face, his voice laced with sleep and I peek from one eye to look at him.

"Morning." I say, still sleep deprived. I open my eyes and supporting my weight on my forearms, I move across to place a peck on Aaron's lips.

"God, I missed this." He smiles against my lips and I flop my head on the pillow again.

I nod, agreeing before opening my mouth to speak, "When was the last time you slept in a bed?" I question, referring to what he told me about not being able to sleep in bed ever since we broke up.

"Actually, I slept in my bed after you left that day. It smelled like you, and I missed you too much to let that go to waste." He informs me and I arch an eyebrow.

"Have you changed your sheets since then?" I ask, teasing and he shrugs.

"Probably not."

"Gross!" I crinkle up my nose and he laughs.

I hate the fact that we are so dressed right now but I can still feel the warmth radiating off his body. He attempts to get out of the bed but I stop him as I scoot closer to him, keeping my head on his chest as I listen to my favourite sound in the entire world - his heartbeat.

"You know, we need to get out of bed sometime of the day so you can wake up Emily and I can take a shower in the bathroom before that." He points and I narrow my eyes at him.

I part our bodies and he gives me a smug smile before moving to the bathroom but I throw a pillow at his back. "Use the one in the hallway." I tell him, feeling a little guilty but he gives me an understanding nod.

"Baby steps." He whispers before leaving the room and I check the clock, realising that it's already nine thirty. God! Life is exhausting.

I take my time to freshen up myself and take a shower before pulling out really short shorts to wear inside the apartment and a full sleeves shirt. Odd combination, but I kind of like it. After I am done, I move to Emily's bedroom. She's sleeping peacefully and I slide in bed with her. She stirs in her sleep as her tiny arms come to wrap around me.

"Morning, sweet." I say, and she fumbles as she lets out a groan.

I smile, putting my hand on her forehead to virtually check her temperature. She doesn't feel warm against my hand so I let out a breath of relief.  She slowly opens her eyes and looks into my grey ones and I smile as I see just the hint of emerald in her orbs, reflecting her father's genes.

I have made my peace with it, I really have.

"Good Morning, Momma!" She pecks on my jaw, making me grin.

"Feeling better?" I ask and she nods, sitting up. "Alright, before we get out of bed, I wanted you to know that Aaron is here." I give her a forewarning and she frowns a little.

"Oh." She looks confused.

"He stayed the night." I tell her, not sure how I feel about it.

My words immediately make a smile creep on her face as she stares at me like I have just let her in on a secret. Why can't my daughter not act like a kid that she is? She gives me a tight hug before slipping out of the bed and going straight to the bathroom. She pulls the stool to stand near the sink before pulling out her brush and I help her put paste on it.