// fifty eight //

Aaron's POV

What the fuck did I just do? I punch the nearest wall to me and feel the physical pain of it course through my hand. For a moment, I close my eyes and the look of hurt on Diana's faces flashes in front of me, immediately making me curse out loudly.

I look at the front door of my house and my parents are standing there, observing me carefully. Fuck dinner! I just need to get my stuff and leave the hell out of here. Diana was right, this was a bad idea. It just messed up everything, even though my parents had nothing to do with it.

As I make my way towards the door, her words ring in my hand, making me fist my hands as tight as possible. I have never been this way before, and I have absolutely no idea what took over me when Lizzy kissed me. What the hell was I thinking? And to think that Diana witnessed it, when I promised to never break her trust, that just breaks my heart.

"Please tell me it's over." My mother says as soon as I step near her.

"What?" I narrow my eyes.

"She just left. You obviously had a fight, so it's over, isn't it?" She asks, taking ahold of my forearm and leading me inside, my father following us.

Is my mom that desperate to see us fall apart? She can't even see her own son is feeling miserable! All she cares about is Diana being out of my life.

"No, it isn't. We aren't over. I'll get her back." I mumble and both of my parents' head snap at me.

"She obviously pulled out a slutty move, and you want to win her back?" My father questions and I feel like throwing everything that comes into my sight onto the floor.

"You know who pulled a slutty move, Dad? Your son! She was perfect in every fucking way, and I just messed everything up." I say, running my hand through my hair.

"What did you do?" Mom asks and I look down at my shoes.

I can't even say it. That's how horrible I feel about it. Why couldn't I for once think about myself before rushing to my best friend? I should have been concerned about my broken heart and clarified things with Diana before going to Lizzy and making this mess.

"I kissed Lizzy." I confess and slowly notice as my mother's frown turns into a huge smile.

What?

"Oh thank heavens! I was wondering when will you get back into your senses. I am so proud of you son, you just made everything perfect." She says, stepping forward and moving to embrace me in her arms before I step back.

Is this seriously happening? She scowls at my actions and I shake my head. How self obsessed are these people that for once they cannot think about how I feel and respect that? I have zero to no interest in Lizzy whatsoever, I want Diana, I have wanted her since the first time she kissed me in the parking lot of that stupid grocery store.

"That kiss was a mistake, mom! I just lost Diana, could you please step out of your bubble for a second and think about how your son feels?" I shout and my father takes a step towards me and I glare at him, a clear indication for him to not interrupt.

As my mother processes my words, Derek steps down the stairs and looks at me, a smirk playing over his lips. This is his doing! He manipulated this whole fucking thing and for once, I am done taking his shit. As soon as he steps down the last one, I move towards him and throw a punch at him, clearly catching him off guard.

"You are a fucking bastard, Derek!" I spit as I punch him again and he balances himself on his feet.

I am about to throw another punch when my mother's shriek distracts me, and taking the opportunity, Derek throws a punch in my gut, making me fall back as I groan in pain. But the adrenaline takes over it and I stand up, pushing him against the wall as my fist meets his jawline and he grabs my shoulder, throwing me backwards as he throws another punch at my face.