// eight //

The week passes in a blink of an eye when I mostly stay in office, trying to cover up Lucy's absence. She's still sick but she assured me that she'll resume coming from monday and I'm truly glad for that.

In this week, I have already regretted saying yes to Aaron's friend's party five times but I have been calmed down by Ella that it wouldn't be such a flop. However, one good thing is that tonight Derek is throwing a party at his place. His parties are always amazing, good booze and way too good looking guys, I am hoping it will make up for tomorrow's party already. He's just an acquaintance with Ella and Connor but whenever there's a party, he always invites them over.

It's five in the evening when I get a text from my lovely best friend that she's coming over to get ready. To be honest, it's always good to have a company and I never say no to Ella.

"Heyyyyyyy!" Connor enters my bedroom and I narrow my eyes at him.

"You don't have to sing and greet me, just so you know." I roll my eyes at him and he grins.

"I know but then how will I irritate you?"

"Right! You always need to get on my nerves because you're an asshole." I cringe at him and as if on cue, Ella enters the bedroom.

"Will I ever live to witness a day where my best friend and boyfriend will get along?" She huffs and I get out of my bed to strangle her with a hug.

"I missed you!" I say loudly and Connor clears his throat and I kick his leg.

Ella laughs, "Yes, probably why you cancelled lunch on me, twice!"

Of course she will bring that up now. The thing with Ella is she at least once has to taunt you before letting go of that thing.

"I will make it up to you this week, I promise!"

She hugs me and I know that all is okay with us. Connor gets out in the living room and makes himself home as he switches between channels on the television while his girlfriend and I occupy the bedroom to ourselves to get ready.

I don't go for dark make up today, I just put on eye liner, light blush and a bit of my lip gloss. I slid into my tight black skinny jeans and a white top with lace around it's neck which goes around and then the back of the top is almost bare.

"I like your outfit, simple yet sexy!" Ella compliments and I smile at her.

"Thank you, I like yours as well." I wink at her.

She's wearing a casual blue and white strap dress. While she's busy doing her make up, I step into my stilettoes and leave my blonde hair down.

"Ready to go?" She asks and I nod after grabbing my clutch and putting my phone in it.

As we step outside in the living room, Connor is asleep on the couch while there's an episode of Law and Order running in low volume.

"I'll wake him up, yeah?" Ella looks at me and I shake my head with a smug look.

"Let me!"

She gives me a warning look but ignoring her, I tiptoe towards Connor and lean down till his ear but just as I am about to shriek, that fucking bastard opens his eyes and screams at the top of his lungs.

"Fucking hell!" I curse as I fall back on the carpet.

He starts laughing as he looks at me and I throw a cushion at him which he dodges at his side.

"Let's go party!" He stands up and I run a hand through my hair as he leans down to pinch my cheeks.

"I hate you." I swat his hands away.