// twenty two //

Diana's POV

I stand in the hallway, staring at a particular cubicle. He isn't here today, it's his college day. The look of hurt on his face when I told him I had someone, a guy with me in my apartment, flashes in front of my eyes and I sigh.

"Looking for someone?" I hear the voice I've come to despise so much.

Every cell in my body wants to slap her but I just swiftly turn around and cross my arms across my chest. I don't have the strength today to argue with her, or with anyone for that matter.

"No, what's your problem?" I snap.

She smirks, "Did Aaron make it to your apartment that day?"

I have to ball my hands in fists to resist myself from really smacking her. Only she has this kind of control over me, the only bitch!

"Yes, he did. Thank you very much," I say and start walking, ignoring her.

"Oh, did he get a chance to meet -"

I turn around and glare at her, taking a cautious step towards her, "Don't you dare, Charlotte, don't you fucking dare!"

She gives out an amused laugh, "Alright, alright! Don't get touchy. But, tell me, what makes him different than anyone else?" She asks.

I cannot help but frown at her words. Nothing makes Aaron different from anyone, except that every guy I meet eventually wants to end up in my pants, but I don't think he would ever want that.

Yeah, but he did kiss you.

My subconsciousness never leaves a chance to mock me. But then again, wasn't it me who said that people kiss all the time? It's not big deal. Although, I have no idea what got over me that made me kiss him back.

Aaron may be considered as my only male friend after Connor, and as much as I disliked him in the beginning, I don't think I want to lose his friendship now. That's why it's better to kill any kind of feelings he might have for me.

Yes, I'm not dumb! He kissed me and then lied to my face that he did it because he was drunk, but the truth was he was far from alcohol the whole night. Why would he kiss the only person that can ruin his friendship with his best friend? And then he showed up at my apartment! I saw the look of hurt on his face when he realised that I might have a guy in with me.

That's why I lied, it's better this way. He can never know.

"Let me guess." Charlotte begins on her own when I don't respond to her for a long time.

I ignore her as I take my seat on the front desk. She's having fun out of this, my life is a source of entertainment for her.

"Leave me alone Charlotte." I snap and she gives out a bitchy smile.

What is she even doing here? Doesn't she have anything better to do with her life?

"Oh, you care about him!" She sounds surprised herself as she speaks and leaves me stunned.

Do I? Of course, I do. I care about him in a way I care about Ella.

"Yes, that's what friends do." I tell her.

"Do they also hide things from each other?" She clicks her tongue and I sigh back in my seat.

"Can you please just go?"

She has a victory smile on her face when she straightens up, "Sure, that was all for today. I'll see you in few days."

And with that, she leaves.