// hundred //

Diana's POV

I wake up to the strong smell of caffeine. My eyes flutter open when I notice a tray of breakfast is lying by the bedside. The eyelids feel extremely heavy due to the short amount of sleep I got, uneasy without Aaron in bed.

So many times I almost stood up in the middle of the night to go cuddle next to him but somehow kept my resolve strong. I frown when I notice a piece of paper lying between the coffee cup and a piece of pie.

The idiot got me a piece of pie for breakfast.

Sitting up in my bed, I pick up the note that reads, "I am so sorry for being an ass. There's my laptop by your side, just please read what I talked to her about. I love you."

I look by my side and notice his MacBook lying on the other side of the bed. Hesitantly, I pick it up and lift the screen. I enter his password, which the genius put in as — DeeEm123.

Yup, genius.

It opens up to the messages window of his Facebook account and I notice Cara's messages lining up. There's just one text from her before the one that I read.

Cara Palmer : Hey, Aaron. How are you? It's been a long time.

Aaron McCall : Hey. I'm great, you? How's London treating you?

Cara Palmer : I didn't think you would reply. But I'm so glad you did. London is good, thanks for asking but I miss Cali. I miss you.

Aaron McCall : I shifted back to New York last year, left Cali behind.

The man very smoothly avoided responding to her remark about missing him. I can't help as a small smile plays at my lips due to the way he responded to her and implied that he left California in the past, including her.

Cara Palmer : Wow, you always wanted to be close to your family. How's your brother? Still an asshole?

Aaron McCall : Things have changed a lot.

Cara Palmer : You sound different. Is there any way we can talk on the phone? I tried your number but couldn't reach it, but then realised that you must've changed it.

Aaron McCall : I'm actually about to put my girlfriend's daughter to bed, and talking on phone doesn't go well around kids these days.

Wow, he wasn't very subtle about putting that in front of her face which makes me roll my eyes and almost feel bad for Cara because she's clearly showing a lot more interest than I would like.

Her reply is three minutes later.

Cara Palmer : Did I read that right? Or was that you trying to be sarcastic? Because you've never had a good sense of humor.

What is she talking about? Aaron is actually witty when he's in a good mood and can make you laugh a lot by messing the shit out of you.

Aaron McCall : No, you read that right. I got a girlfriend and a kid, Cara. Like I said, things have changed.

Cara Palmer : The Aaron I knew kept his distance from kids. You do sound different, like you moved on.

Aaron McCall : Wasn't I supposed to? It's been more than an year. Plus, if anyone who gets to know her would know how hard it is to resist falling for that woman.

I can't help but smile like a high school girl giddily who just heard her boyfriend telling his friends that he loves me. The fact that Aaron is having this conversation with her over texts but is so direct about where he stands with me is enough to dissolve any anger that was left within me.