// twelve //

The tension in the air has been so evident that I feel like choking on it right now. Well, this could have been worse if either Derek or I were naked right now but I'm thankful that we're not.

"I'm sure you both got no explanations but," Mrs. McCall pauses for a second and then points at me, "You! Yes, I want you out of my house within next five minutes and I would really appreciate you not coming back here." She says in a straight yet slithering tone and I grit my teeth together.

I nod, biting back the words on my tongue before collecting my purse. My eyes flicker to Derek and I can tell that he's raging from anger as he keeps his fist tight in his lap. I give him a small assuring smile, a sign for him to keep it together. To be honest, I would love for him to cause a scene for my entertainment but I know he already has a lot of Mommy-Daddy issues.

When I pass his mother, she passes me a killer gaze but I smirk nonetheless, causing her a shocking look.

"Well, did you pay her in advance?" I hear her words and it takes me a moment to make sense out of what she's saying.

That's fucking it! I don't move further as I turn around to face her and she's having a hateful look on her face.

"What the fuck do you mean by that?" I blare, despite the fact I know exactly what she meant.

"Oh, you know, your charge for what you do to earn money?" She raises a challenging eyebrow and I feel myself tensing at her words.

I know what she meant from the beginning but hearing her say it makes my blood boil. My feet move on their own as I take a threatening step towards her, "You better take that back, Mrs. McCall."

She crosses her arms across her chest as she gives me a smug look, "Well, did I say something wrong dear?"

"Mom, don't!" I hear Aaron say and that's when I realize his grip on my wrist.

I give him a look that clearly says 'don't test my patience' but then he loosens the grip on my wrist and slips down his fingers to meet mine, giving my hand a slight squeeze as he holds it in a light embrace. I stare at him with pure bewilderment as he comes to stand between his mother and I.

"Please go and wait for me outside? I'll be there in a minute." He says in a pleading tone and his eyes are almost the dark shade of blue.

"Aaron, she accused me of something!" I jerk my hand away from him and he stares at me.

"I know and I'm sorry for my mother's false accusations but Diana, please! Just give me a minute here," he pleads again and I nod.

I start to leave but not before mouthing 'fuck you' to his mother and that immediately makes Derek chuckle in his seat as his gaze is fixed on me. He gives me an apologising look and I walk out of the door.

Just when I'm about to leave their porch and look for a taxi, I hear a yelling voice that immediately makes me move closer to the door. It's ajar which lets me hear everything perfectly fine.

"What was that about, Mom?"

Does that voice belong to Derek or Aaron? I can't quite make out.

"Well, if you keep bringing home sluts everyday, I've to find ways to shoo them away." I hear her snap.

Okay, that was Derek.

"You should probably mind your own damn business like you have been since past twenty one years, leave me the fuck alone!" Derek's voice looms over and I sigh.

What's Lizzy still doing inside though, is she used to the sight of their family drama?

"Mom, I cannot blame Derek's anger this time. You have no right to accuse someone innocent for things like that!" Aaron speaks in between and I immediately frown.