// fifteen //

Monday morning arrives earlier than I expected it to. On the Saturday night, after having dinner with Ella and Connor, I decided to crash their place as I needed some distraction from the assumptions of consequences now that Charlotte is back. To be honest, most people would assume that I'm a bitch enough to handle her, but even a bitch has fears she's afraid to face. She holds nothing above me, except that she knows details about my life and the people I love, that I would never want her to know if it were my choice. But apparently, Aunty Shelly made that choice for me. Yes, I want to be mad at her, but I cannot be. In a way, I owe her my entire existence since I wouldn't have this life today if it weren't for her husband and I totally understand that no mother wants to hide things from her daughter for another person. Especially if the said person is a burden in your life.

"Where are you lost?" Lucy nudges her sides with me while I wait for my chance to get the coffee.

"Nowhere, just wondering. How are you?" I quickly ask, changing the topic.

People like Lucy make me realize that no matter how annoying I think they are, if they become a part of my daily life, I make enough peace with them so that I can tolerate their existence around me. For sure, I find Lucy extremely nosy and her high pitched voice gets on my nerves every fucking time she opens that mouth of hers but she's my colleague and I owe her a lot for taking over half of my shifts.

"I'm great, you?"

"Fine," I respond, grumpily.

I don't bother to pay attention to the rest of the conversation as she tries to get my attention. After filling my cup of coffee, I make my way to the front desk and turn on the computer. I go through Uncle Marcel's schedule for the day and then fax it to his office. This way, he knows that I'm not interested to talk to him unless it's extremely urgent. Well, I purposely came late to office this morning so I didn't have to run into him or greet him in any manner.

"Why have you been frowning since the moment you stepped into this office?" A familiar voice wonders and I scoff as I finally look up from the computer screen.

Aaron stands in front of me in his white button down and dark jeans. "Well, someone's been trying to figure out what happened between two annoying brothers that neither of them are willing to share it." I taunt him with a pout and he gives out a small smile.

"He didn't tell you, huh?" He looks amused and I scowl at him.

"No, he didn't. Now, will you do the honor or should I just delete both of your contacts and forget that you guys ever existed in my life?"

To be honest, I asked Derek only once when I called him yesterday when my curiosity got the best of me. He promised to tell it to me when we met in person but he didn't sound so promising after all. So, I need to get it out of Aaron. The only reason I'm interested in their business is because it's a big distraction for me from my problems.

As if on cue, Uncle Marcel makes his way to my desk as he stands beside Aaron who immediately greets him.

"Good morning, Sir." He smiles at him and just gets a nod in return.

Uncle Marcel turns his attention towards me and slams a paper down on my desk which grabs people's attention but one look from the boss, and everyone looks away. Even Aaron is about to leave until I glare at him to make sure he doesn't moves from his place. He frowns in confusion but stays put nonetheless. Well, Uncle wouldn't make a scene in front of him.

"What is this, Ms. Rose?" Uncle asks as I pick up the paper and realize it's the schedule I faxed him.

"It's your schedule for today, Sir. Did I mention any wrong meeting?" I ask, genuinely confused.