// sixty six //

Diana's POV

"Em! Where are you?" I call out for my lately naughty daughter as I look through my room and then barge into the washroom to see if she has decided to fill in the bathtub again all by herself.

When I don't find her there, a part of me is relieved but nervous at the same time because when I enter her room, there's no trace of her. I frown to myself as I call out for her one more time.

"Emily! If you're hiding from momma, I need to know so I don't worry and can play with you." I say, meaning it.

Just then, I hear a noise in the corner of the room and immediately roll my eyes when I realise that it came from the play tent that I got her for the birthday. I silently make my way to its place and kneel down as I peek in with one eye before opening it and revealing her to myself.

She giggles loudly at my actions and I grin at her.

"How you doing in here?" I question her.

She shrugs, "Good."

"Alright babe, time for lunch. You have a play date with your two most favourite people in the world in an hour." I remind her and she gives me the most adorable smile.

"Con-Con and El!" She screams as she gets out of her tent to hug me.

"Yes. The three idiots. Con-Con, El and Em." I tease her and she scrunches up her nose, making me laugh.

"I am smart. Not idiot." She sticks out her tongue at me before trying to shove me a little as she tries to get out of her hiding place.

Grinning, I look at her before moving away, "Yes, very smart." I say, sarcastically.

She pouts at me, "Mean mommy!"

"Brat daughter." I shoot back with a laugh and she moves to jump in my lap to playfully strangle me as we both fall back to the carpeted floor.

She giggles in my arms as she lies on top of me. Its been long since she has been in a playful mood and it brings me immense joy to see her like this. I comb her hair gently through my fingers as I sigh and look at the ceiling filled with stars in her room. I can feel her eyes on my face and I move my eyes in contact with hers.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Aaron. You."

Her response makes my face go pale as she reminds me of one thing that I have been pushing out of my mind since the beginning of this week. It's saturday, and the beautiful gesture he did on the monday morning is stuck in my head, playing over and over again. The look of a broken heart on his face when I walked away is still implanted in my head. But do I really just forgive him because he did something romantic? I want to, I so badly do but my past looms over my thoughts, shadowing them constantly and influencing every decision I make.

He didn't stop though, he brought me my coffee or hot chocolate every morning along with a white rose and a note that read,
'I am sorry. Please find it in your heart to forgive me for what I have done. I love you. Always. x.'

I pretended like it didn't affect me but I have been lying to myself. It does effect me, so much! The days he went to college and didn't turn up to be office, I missed his small gesture and found myself disappointed. I am well aware of the fact that I have caught myself in a vicious circle and there's no way I can make my way out of it either without giving in or breaking two hearts - his and mine.