// fifty three //

Diana's POV

My eyes turn into slits as I let the sight in front of me sink in. The pace of my heart beat picks up as my palms feel twitchy, just so I can smack the bitch. Aaron's eyes are momentarily set on me as I study Lizzy's face, full with pride and smug as she sits on the carpeted floor, wrapped in his arms.

What the fuck is wrong with this man?

I can't let anyone see how much this effects me, hell, no one has ever witnessed Diana Rose being effected by any one, much less Aaron. As much as I want to run away from the room and hide far away from him, I try to act normal as I study them. When Aaron realises that I won't be taking my eyes away from them anytime soon, he slowly withdraws his hands from her shoulder. A little gasp escapes my lips at the audacity of his best friend when she keeps her hand on his, stopping him from moving it. Aaron frowns, but retracts his hand from her anyway.

Good! I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding the moment he makes some space between them. He's no longer concerned about his choking best friend, his eyes are cautious as he studies me, but I remain my composure neutral, not letting him see through me. I've let him in the wall, but I know exactly when to guard it up.

"I think you're okay now, go slow on the alcohol." He tells her and she nods, giving him a broad smile.

"Thanks for always saving me, Aaron." She says and moves to peck on his cheeks.

What the actual fuck!

Aaron freezes at her move and my breathing shallows. She just did not. He quickly backs off, as if pretending he didn't see her intention. Fuck, thank god! I am fuming mad right now, and I do not appreciate feeling this way.

"Hey, come I have something to show you." Ella distracts me, and I snap out of my trance.

I notice beside me the party's still going on, everyone is engaged in their own conversation. Only I had my eyes focused to the two people. Ella gives me a knowing smile and I'm thankful for her to give me a reason to get away from here.

She leads me to the kitchen and then abruptly stops, giving me a curious look, "What the hell was that about?" She asks and I sigh.

"'Lizzy throwing herself at Aaron: The troubled life of Diana Rose.' How does it sound?" I give her a complete innocent yet bitchy smile.

"Melodramatic." She retorts, rolling her eyes at me.

"Oh, and how would you feel if that colleague of Connor's was trying to claim in front of everyone, while you were still there?" I challenge her and she immediately shuts up.

"Touché." She murmurs and I shake my head.

"Thought so. She makes the worst side of me come out, I mean I know what a bitch I can be, but she turns even that into something horrible." I sigh, and take a slice of pizza from the kitchen counter.

I am starving.

"Here, I got this for you." Ella says, distracting me as she hands me a wrapped package.

Still chewing on my pizza, I take it from her hand and rip it open. "A book, seriously?" I cock an eyebrow and she smirks.

"I've literally seen every corner of your apartment, do you really think I don't know this about you after years of friendship?" She studies me, an amusing smile playing on my lips.

Ignoring her, I take out the book, realising there are two of them and take it into my hands, "Holy fuck." I gasp and take in the names.

"See, I knew you would love it." She has a victory smile on her face while I run my hands through the pages of the books.