// seventy two //

Diana's POV

I stare at Aaron without blinking and he looks like he'll burst into a panic mode any minute. I have no idea what the fuck Derek is doing here at ten thirty at night, but I have a feeling it has something to do with him knowing about Emily. I want to blame this all on Aaron, but I know that wouldn't be fair. It was an honest mistake from his side because I know he would never spill this to anyone deliberately.

How the hell have I become so understanding out of nowhere?

"Are you going to say anything?" He asks and I blink.

"What?" I look at him and he runs a frenzy hand through his hair.

"Let me handle this, alright?" He says before moving to turn the door knob but I catch his hand mid way.

"We're not letting him in." I tell him and his eyes hold an understanding as he nods at me.

He slowly opens the door and slips out, keeping the door ajar so that I have enough space to be in earshot and can see them while they talk.

"Oh, fancy seeing you here." Derek smirks as soon as Aaron steps out.

Aaron stands equally tall as Derek, but the older brother just has a little bulky body. I look at the way Aaron stares at his brother and I feel myself holding my breath. As strong as I like to be, if either of them initiates a fight, I'll drag Aaron inside, disable the ring bell and lock out Derek.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Aaron asks, sounding pissed.

"I came to see my fuck buddy." Derek gives him an innocent smile and Aaron takes a threatening step towards him before Derek raises his hands in surrender, "Sorry, ex fuck buddy."

This boy is literally shitting himself if he thinks Aaron will keep up with whatever things he's going to say. I have seen Aaron angry, and as sweet as he seems to be, he can really kick the other person's ass when he wants to.

"Don't test my patience, Derek. What the hell are you doing here?" He asks, again and Derek chuckles a little.

"I wanted to see a little version of Diana living and breathing right through my eyes." He says, looking right at him and I suck in a breath.

That's it, there's no fucking way he's meeting Emily. I step out of the apartment and stare right at him, his eyes moving to my face and then raking down my body and stopping right at my shorts before he meets my gaze again.

"I am standing right here, dick! Stop ogling my girlfriend." Aaron spits, shoving him a little on his shoulder.

"Trust me, there's nothing underneath those clothes that I haven't seen. She wasn't the one to create mystery, she opened her legs as soon as you talked to her."

It takes me a moment to grasp his words, but even before I know it, Aaron's fist meets Derek's jaw. He stumbles back a little and I blink, still trying to get ahold of the situation. When I see Derek composing himself, I immediately come to my senses and step between the two of them.

"Are you fucking nuts?" I stare at Derek and he looks confused as he sees between the two of us.

"I am nuts? Your shit of a boyfriend just punched me!" He says, holding his jaw and I let out a humourless laugh.

"Did you really expect him to listen while you basically called me a slut?" I ask, questioning his insanity, "And really, you need to fucking leave!" I glare at him.

He hovers over me for a second before his gaze moves to Aaron behind me, "Are you ready to be a father, lil brother? 'Cause from where I am seeing it, that's where your future with her is headed."