// thirty six //

Diana's POV

After hanging up on Connor, I enter the building and make my way to the elevator. As soon as I hit the button, I realise that I don't know on which floor Aaron's apartment is. I call him up and he picks up.

"2nd floor, 12." He says and hangs up.

I shake my head but get to him almost immediately. Just to be polite for once, I knock on the door without barging in. He comes to open and I get inside. There's a man sitting on the couch with few papers in front of him and he gives me a smile with a nod which I return. He's Connor's friend, I recognise him but I fail to recall his name.

While Aaron gets busy in the paperwork, I take it upon myself to take a tour. The place isn't huge, but it's sufficient considering Aaron's the only one who's going to stay here. I like the appeal to it, it's cosy and warm.

"Hi." Aaron whispers in my ear from behind, snaking his arms as he places a kiss on my neck.

"Done with the agreement?" I ask, turning around and he nods.

"Yeah, let's make a trip down and get all the stuff?" He suggests and I nod.

We end up making three trips because of how little help I was. I refused to carry anything heavy or expensive, knowing myself well enough that I'm capable of dropping literally anything. The mattress was delivered as per Aaron's demands and was set up in his bedroom while the guys who came, Aaron tipped them to carry off the old mattress and dump it somewhere.

"Now that we have all the stuff here, let's get to work?" He says and I whine.

"What work? We already did all the work."

He chuckles, "C'mon, we've to settle all the stuff you bought."

"I'll go and return everything tomorrow. I just want to sleep." I say, massaging my temples.

He comes to sit by my side on the couch and pinches my arm. "Ow!" I yelp, smacking him on the head and he laughs.

"It will just take an hour." He convinces me, taking ahold of my elbow and making me stand.

I sigh as I start unpacking all the stuff. Damn, I did buy a lot of shit for his apartment. We decide to start with the living room, and most of all the couch. I put on the new cushions I got along with their beautiful covers.

"Next stop, kitchen." He commands.

"Yes, Sir." I shoot back and he grins.

As we fill the empty cupboards of his kitchen with food and dishes, I realise that I've never done anything like this with anyone before. It's such a simple thing we're doing, arranging stuff in an apartment and it's a thing I'm sure every normal couple does but I couldn't think of being like this with anyone else. But with him, it doesn't feel weird at all. It feels good in fact, it feels amazing because this way, I get to spend time with him.

"Living room's done, kitchen's done. Now, let's move to bedroom." I say and he smirks.

"I like where your head's at."

"Dirty?" I laugh and he nods with a grin.

Aaron carries his boxes in the room and I help him set up his closet with all the work and casual clothes he owns. I prefer both on him, he can look like a hot office man one minute and sexy college going guy another. While he sets his sock drawer, I put on the bed sheet in the best way I can. I suck at that, Ella knows how to tuck in the perfect bed sheet.

"Here, let me help." Aaron comes on the opposite side and I pass him a smile before tossing pillows on the bed.

As soon as he perfects his side of bed, I jump in and lie down, "This feels like heaven." I say, closing my eyes.