// sixty nine //

Aaron's POV

A clicking sound jolts me awake and my eyes take their time to regard the lights in the room as the realisation dawns upon me that I am not in my apartment. The senses start kicking in and my eyes move to the hospital bed where Emily is fast asleep. From her, my eyes immediately travel to fragile arms wrapped around my torso and a head lying on my shoulder.

I look down at Diana and it takes me a few minutes to realise that this isn't a dream, she really has her arms wrapped around me as she sleeps peacefully. My mind goes back to a couple of hours back when she kissed me, kissed me like she meant it with every damn thing in the world.

A small smile spreads through my face as I look down at her, and move to kiss her forehead. Two clicking sound, however, disrupt my moment and I look for the source of it. Ella is almost hovering over the couch chair above the two of us and I am shocked at how I didn't realise her presence sooner.

"Jesus, El!" I breathe and she gives me a wicked smile, "Way to be creepy."

She shakes her head, "I am not sure why but hospitals turn that little head sleepy." She points to her best friend.

I think about it for a moment, "It's probably because she gets tired." I shrug and she nods.

"Did the two of you—?" She asks but I am so eager to nod my head that I cut her off.

"Yes, we are good."

"Thank heavens!" She breathes, and turns around.

"Where are you going?" I call out, she turns around briefly to answer.

"Wake her up, I'm going to call the nurse or doc, whoever I can find first to check up on Em." She explains and I nod.

I turn towards Diana and hate the thought of ruining her peaceful sleep but I am afraid if I don't comply to Ella, she'll serve out the punch much sooner than expected, the punch that she's been saving since the day she found that I broke her best friend's trust.

My hand move to Diana's face and I stroke her cheeks, making her eyes flutter a little. She lets out a small groan as she nuzzles her face further into my neck. I smile at how adorable she looks right now but I really need to wake her up.

"Dee," I call out, my hands constantly caressing her cheek, "Baby.."

She shakes her head and I laugh a little, "Babe, you need to wake up. Ella is getting the doc to check up on Emily." I say and her eyes snap open at the mention of Emily.

Her gaze meets mine and for a second, she looks confused and I am afraid whether she has changed her mind regarding me. It reminds me of the first day of our relationship, she was sick when she told me that she wanted to give us a chance, and in that moment itself I could see her reconsidering her decision, a lot like her expressions right now. I remember every moment with her clear as a day.

"Don't take it back please." I beg, repeating my words from that very day.

She frowns even further, "What?"

I sigh, "Don't reconsider your decision."

She slowly brings a smile on her face, "I was not, why would you even think that? I was just a little confused right after I woke up." She clarifies and I let out a huge breathe I didn't realise I was holding.

When she realises how worried she got me, she places her palm against my cheek and I lean in her touch. She slowly brings her face even closer and places her lips on mine. We don't deepen the kiss, it just lingers there as I hold her in my arms. Another clicking sound jolts us apart and I groan, "Seriously Ella?" I narrow my eyes at her and she gives out a cheeky grin as she pushes her phone in my face.