// eleven //

It's already been a week since I had my last heart to heart conversation with either Uncle Marcel or Ella. The lady is still mad at me because of course, I didn't comply to what she asked me to do. She wanted me to apologise to Aaron but that hasn't happened yet.

To be honest, I don't see the point of apologising. I made it pretty clear to him that I don't want to see his face and he told me that he would make sure that never happens either. We don't even spare a glance at each other anymore, let alone talk.

My life has been going smooth for once but Ella was still on the edge with me, disrupting my mood drastically. She believed that Aaron didn't deserve the slap and I did agree with that partially except, he did bitch me out to his brother. And his brother, Derek Fucking McCall! I'm glad I haven't seen his dumb face in a while because if I had, he would get even worse treatment than his brother. I don't sound fair, I know! But this is who I am and I wouldn't like to make exceptions to anyone.

"Mommy!" I hear a shriek, breaking me from my thoughts and I look at the table beside me. A little guy is strangling and crying in his mother's lap and I involuntarily smile at the sight in front of me.

"Fond of kids, are we?" I hear a masculine voice and I startle in my seat, caught off guard.

The man standing in front of me is wearing formals, as if coming down just from a meeting and I would be lying to myself if I say he wasn't attractive.

"You're not very observant I must say," I brush him off and he smiles.

"Do you mind I join you?" He asks, withdrawing the chair and I give him a look.

"Yes, I would. Why don't you find another fish in the sea? I'm sure there are plenty here."

As if he never heard me in the first place, he takes a seat in front of me while I continue having my lunch. I got free from office an hour earlier today so I thought it would be a good idea to spend some time with myself but this man didn't seem to enjoy that wish of mine.

"Oh, I'm sure there are but no one's as beautiful as you!" He smirks and I immediately scoff at his words.

"What do you want?" I snap and he looks taken aback with my tone.

"Oh, aren't you the sweetest of them all." He tries to joke and I give him a forced smile.

"Really, Sir, you're wasting your time here." I inform, telling him the truth.

"Is having a lunch with nice company considered a waste of time?" He tilts his head a little and I laugh.

I'm sure if some other girl was in my place, she would've been sitting on his lap by now, he's really trying to charm me off.

"Okay, let's get this straight. I don't know what game you're playing here, but I don't want to play. So would you mind leaving me alone?"

This time my tone is harsher but I don't care, after all, when have I?

"You're pretty hard to catch, but I'm sure my looks will allure you."

If I wasn't only having a miserable month, I would've flirted with him as well, playing along this game and eventually, he would be my new fuckbuddy but I ain't in the mood for now. Because I know where these looks and flirting lead to - bed, nice sex and that's all.

"Hey Diana, I'm sorry I'm late," I hear a familiar voice and I go rigid in my seat.

I turn around to find Aaron standing in a blue button down. His eyes are fixed on the man sitting in front of me but then he glances towards me and passes a comforting smile.