// thirteen //

The weekend party at Connor and Ella's apartment came earlier than I expected it. As much as I wanted to sleep over at their place yesterday, I couldn't. Connor and I got back to throwing insults at each other a day after I got mad at him because of all that Aaron drama.

Aaron!

Well, apparently, when Ella told me to 'think about it' for once my brain complied to her words and I still haven't stopped thinking about what she said to me. She told me to be careful so that's what I was this whole time. I barely talked to him during office hours and I plan on ignoring him throughout this party which wouldn't be so difficult considering that he's going to stick by Lizzy's side for the rest of the night.

"If I didn't know you, I would say you were jealous of her," I hear Ella smile through her words and I turn around to give her a look.

"Are you drunk already?" I look into her eyes and she shakes her head.

"No, I was just commenting on all the glaring that's been going on ever since Aaron and Lizzy stepped into the party, hand in hand, may I add." She clicks her tongue and I laugh at her.

"I need to find your boyfriend and tell him that you're high on god knows what."

She shakes her head at me as she casually throws one of her arms across my shoulder and leans in closer, "You're perfect the way you are, Diana." She whispers before pecking my cheek and lets go of me.

Her words bring up a smile on my face and I beam at her like an idiot before finally forming words in my mouth, "I love you, Ella."

She laughs, "Of course you do, no one else will tolerate that lazy ass of yours."

Before I can respond to her, I feel an arm snaking around my waist and just I turn around, my lips are met with a deep kiss.

"Woah!" I gasp as I step apart and Derek grins at me.

"Miss me?"

"Nope." I playfully punch his shoulder and he laughs.

"Oh c'mon, who else have you been sleeping with otherwise? I'm sure every guy eventually wants 'strings attached' shit." He mocks me and I flip off my finger at him.

"But you don't, at least when it comes to me." I wink at him teasingly and then I hear Ella clearing her throat.

"I swear to god, there's no sexual tension between you two that can be of entertainment to me because all you do is either have sex, or discuss it. Spare my ears, guys!" She rambles before disappearing to find her boyfriend.

"She's drunk already, isn't she?" Derek laughs and I nod.

That's the thing with Ella, she's the first one to get drunk at her own parties. According to her, she's in her comfort zone so she doesn't need to worry about anything - if that makes sense.

Derek closes the distance between us again as he kisses me roughly and that's enough for me to know that he's upset about something. His hands move to my hips and he grinds his own against mine but I kiss him anyway, maintaining the sync of the kiss. His kisses move to my lower jaw as he backs me up against the wall, forgetting about all the attention we are driving to ourselves.

I quickly take ahold of his face in hands as I cup his cheeks, "Let's go find a bedroom, yeah?" I give him a small smile and he nods.

Ella's apartment is almost as big as mine so it doesn't takes us long to reach her guest room, which also unofficially is my bedroom. As soon as Derek locks the door behind him and takes a step forward, I step back as I raise a hand in front of myself.