// sixteen //

It takes us about forty five minutes to reach the venue Uncle Marcel texted me. New York City, even on a monday evening is buzzing with traffic that can give anyone a headache.

"Is this it?" Aaron questions, looking out of for parking area.

'ELEVEN MADISON PARK' it says and I nod at him.

"Yes, of course he'll choose such a posh restaurant for a dinner." I roll my eyes and as if on cue, my phone rings.

Uncle Marcel's name flashes on screen and I answer it but even before I can greet him, he starts speaking, "Where are you? You're already late." He sounds upset and I sigh.

"Aaron and I just reached, we're looking for the parking area." I tell him and hear some hustling behind.

"Just stay outside, Tyler will be there and just give him the keys." He informs before hanging up and I nod even though he cannot see me.

"What happened?" Aaron questions and I look over at him.

"Tyler will take care of your car, oh see, there he is." I say, looking out of the window.

He spots my wave and makes his way towards us and opens my gate for me to which I notice Aaron scowling.

"Good evening, Ms. Rose." He greets and I smile at him.

Aaron gets out and gives the keys to Tyler who greets him as well.

We both then silently make our way towards the restaurant as the lady on the front door asks for my name.

"We must have reservations under the name of Mr. Wilson." I inform her and she immediately nods before leading us to our table.

The first person I spot is Aunt Shelly who waves at me from a distance with a huge smile and I try not to pout at her. Next, I see Charlotte and her eyes are fixed on Aaron. As if on instinct, I take ahold of his hand to which she smirks.

"I'm glad both of you could make it tonight." Uncle Marcel says as he gets up to greet us and I give him a quick hug. Aaron shakes his hand and they share a nod before I introduce him to Aunt Shelly and despite my liking, to Charlotte.

"Aunt Shelly, Charlotte, he's Aaron." I say and Aaron shakes hand with both of them.

"Are you guys dating?" Aunt Shelly asks and I'm thankful when Aaron stays quiet.

"No, we're friends." I say to which she nods but cannot wipe off that mischievous smile from her face.

Aaron holds out a chair for me and I smile at him, probably the first time I've ever given him a genuine smile since we first met. I take a seat and Aaron sits beside me.

"So, how long have you known each other?" Charlotte pipes in. Of course!

"Almost two months." Aaron speaks and I realize that it really has been two months since we know each other.

No wonder I'm getting used to being around his annoying ass. He's kind of rubbing off of me.

"Ahh! How did you guys meet?" She questions again.

What is she aiming at?

"She's friends with my brother as well. That's how." Aaron gives her a small smile and I regret not warning him about this little bitch.

"Just friends?" She finally taunts and I take a sip of the water.

I'm trying my best not to ruin this night for Uncle Marcel's sake but she's making it harder for me each second. None of us respond to her question and soon enough, we're ordering our meals.