// twenty six //

This chapter is a bit longer than usual, hope it doesn't turn boring!

Enjoy reading.:)

~

Aaron's POV

Has anyone ever felt a certain kind of emotion and couldn't put a finger on how you felt, yet it was strange and pathetically disturbing. I study her face with a blank expression on my own. It takes me a minute to wrap my head around her answer.

Diana, and love?

That's the thing that has never crossed my mind, and it never would have in a million years had it not been the ink craved on her skin. She looks uncomfortable under my gaze so I just lightly shake my head, almost trying to get rid of the strange emotions I'm feeling.

"Did you guys break up?" I ask, trying to keep my voice nonchalant.

Why does it even bother me if she has ever been in love? It shouldn't. Yes, she makes me feel things just from her sensual touch, her kisses arouse me in a manner that I've never felt before but that's just it.

"I don't like to talk about it." She says, not even meeting my eyes as she takes a sip of her wine and I do the same.

Well, if I've to make through this dinner, I'll need loads of wine and whatever else she would have to offer. Alcohol boosts me up in some way, and as wrong as that is, I just need it tonight. The rest of the dinner continues in silence, with her preoccupied with her thoughts and me, with mine.

The look on Diana's face clearly tells that she has made her distant herself again and as much as I was looking forward to this night, I'm the only one who ruined it by brining up such depressing topics.

After finishing, both of us move to kitchen and she loads the dishes in the dishwasher. I observe that her kitchen is comparatively cleaner. We make small talk when she asks me about my college and I respond.

When her back is to me, and I've been staring at her back for solid two minutes, I sigh and speak up, "I'm sorry for ruining your mood tonight."

She turns around and gives me a look, "Let's not talk about that anymore, yeah?"

I nod and leave her alone to continue her work. After turning on the TV, I take a seat on the couch and set the cable at the reruns of How I Met Your Mother.

"Please don't tell me you watch that show," she cries from behind me and I look back.

"It's actually a good one." I defend myself and she huffs before coming to take a seat beside me.

"No wonder Connor and you get along. He's crazy for this one." She tells me with an annoyed smile.

I'm glad that the air has shifted between us again, it's not filled with awkward tension as she scoots beside me and concentrates on the show.

"Why don't you like it?" I inquire and she smirks.

"Never watched it. Anything Connor likes, goes to my hit list of annoying him."

I look down at her with a smile and keep my arm on the couch, just above her shoulder. "That makes you evil, watch it with me now, I promise it's not that bad."

She nods and sets her eyes on the flat screen. I'm not sure what's really happening in the show because my eyes are fixed on her face, the way it shines under the television's light. She laughs on my side, I can almost feel it on myself.

"Well, Barney and I would totally hit it off if I were there." She comments, laughing.

"So, do you like it so far?" I ask after one episode finishes and she looks up at me.