// fourteen //

It's been fifteen minutes since I've been waiting at the airport, looking out for the recognizable brunette head but so far, I've had no luck. The fact that I'm stupid enough to show up to pick up someone without a cell phone makes me an even bigger idiot than I thought I could be. And, let's just mention that this hasn't been my finest day so far. My head is a little dizzy as well because I took it upon myself to get so much drunk.

"Diana?" I hear a gasp and turn around to find the only person I despise more than my own father.

Charlotte Wilson stands in front of me, hand on hip and the other one twirling a lose strand of her hair around the index finger. As vague as I wanted her face to be in my head, it's exactly the same features I remember from four years ago when I last saw her. I immediately plaster a smile on my face, remembering the promise I made to Uncle Marcel. There's a constant voice in my head, telling me that I'm doing this for him and not this evil person who stands in front of me.

"Hey," I awkwardly wave at her and watch as she looks at me with suspicious eyes.

"What are you doing here? You're the last person I wanted to see when I stepped down in New York City. Where's my dad?" She asks in her annoying high pitched voice and I roll my eyes.

Why do I even have to pretend to be good to someone who has done nothing but made me feel bad about myself?

"Enough of that! You're the last person I want to spend my Friday night with but your father asked me to pick you up, and I couldn't deny him. And as for where he is, he's busy. My car's in the parking lot, if you want to come along, kindly follow otherwise hire a cab and get back home. What would it be?" I snap at her and notice as her mouth falls open.

"Your eyes are bloodshot, how did you even drive till here without killing yourself?" She finally questions and I roll my eyes.

Damn, bad decision! A tip to future self, don't roll your eyes when your head's already spinning around.

I don't bother responding to her as I make my way to my car but I can sense her following behind me. A victory smile takes place on my face as I do a little dance in my head. I was able to shut up Charlotte Wilson! I deserve a drink for that.

When we reach my car, I unlock it and open the bootspace for her to keep the luggage. She doesn't say a word as she stares at me, as if waiting for me to do that for her. Who is she? A princess?

"The faster you keep the luggage in there, the faster we get rid of each other's company." I tell her and she smirks.

"You're being too sassy for someone who used to be my childhood bully victim." She crosses her arms across her chest and I scoff at her.

"Well, I guess, we aren't kids anymore." I stare back and she shakes her head lightly before finally keeping her luggage and making her way to the passenger seat.

I shut down the boot space before hopping into the driver's seat. An extremely awkward silence prevails in the car as I drive out of the airport parking and make my way to the city.

Throughout the time, I'm glad when Charlotte doesn't utter a single word towards me but I cannot help but squirm under her unnerving stares. I would love to put up an argument with her but I need to remain as civilised with her as possible.

"Stop staring, you're creepy enough." I finally look at her and she scoffs.

"I'm just trying to look out for a girl who used to roam around in baggy clothes with long untangled hair." She smirks and I try to keep the images of the person she's describing away from my head.

"Well, she's obviously not here. So, how about you stop mentioning it?"

"Stop the car." She says in a stern voice and I frown at her.