// thirty five //

Aaron's POV

After getting the food packed that we had ordered, I rush out of the place to make my way to office. I know what I said didn't come out right, or was entirely wrong and hurtful in the first place, but why did she have to leave me in between like that? Her words just made me snap a little, especially the fact that she said it's too early. We haven't been official, but this goes way beyond the commitment. Hell, if we're being honest, she kissed me just a day after we met.

It didn't mean anything back then, but now when I look at it, that was the beginning of events between us. The difference in our beginning was, everything didn't go uphill from there. It went way down, and my hopes way up, but we made it till here. We both deserve the credit for that.

When I reach our floor, I immediately make my way to the front desk and I'm surprised to see that she's not there. Did she leave for home already? I frown but let the relief set in when I notice her stuff is still there. I walk down to the coffee machine room, knowing her well enough that she'll be seeking the comfort of bittersweet caffeine. A sigh escapes my lips when I see her there but just a second later, my expressions turn into a scowl.

A young man is standing by her side, awfully close than I would approve of and her face doesn't give away a single emotion. I clear my throat to make my appearance known, and as soon as I do, she startles, almost dropping the cup from her hand. Her eyes meet mine and the look she gives me is enough for me to know that she's mad, extremely mad.

"Dee, can I talk to you?" I call out and she nods, excusing herself from the guy.

I hope for her to walk to me, but she passes by and leads her way to the front desk while I pour wholes through her back. She lost her right to be mad the moment she started flirting with another guy within ten minutes of our fight.

"Talk." She orders, plopping down on the chair and fixing her eyes on the computer.

"Look at me."

She gives me a snarky look, crossing her arms across her chest. "What's that?" she points at the carry out bags in my hand.

"Food we ordered."

She scoffs, "Thanks for caring about the food."

"When you order food, you either eat it then or have a take out. You just don't rush out of the place after making an order." I say and I notice how she almost smiles at my words.

Alright, this girl is definitely bipolar. I have no doubts in that anymore, one minute she's mad and the other she's smiling at the things I say.

"I'm sorry about what I said. I didn't mean to bring you down in any way." I apologise, leaning down on the table a bit.

She studies my face for a moment before looking away, "I'm hungry." She mumbles.

I sigh, knowing well enough that she took my words to her heart and she's just diverting from the topic to avoid arguing here. Her hands reaches out for the food and I give it to her.

"You aren't going to eat right here, are you?" I scowl and she shrugs.

"What's the problem in that?"

"It's highly unprofessional."

"When have I ever done things in a professional way?" She points out.

"Alright, come." I take ahold of her hand and lead her to the break room, ultimately the place where I found her with the strange man. He definitely doesn't work in finance, I would have known him otherwise.

I bring two chairs and keep the stool in between them, placing the food there and ask her to take a seat. She doesn't argue and sits down.

"Bagel, scrambled eggs and bacon for you, and same for me." I speak as I keep it in front of her and offer her a plastic fork.