Chapter 2: Oliver

I slam my bow down on the table, then pry another mini arrow from my arm.

"Oliver what happened out there?" John asks, glancing at my bow. I shake my head.

"I don't know." I say as I pull out another arrow.

"You don't know? Oliver you had them in your sights! And you let them get away!" John says.

"I know John. It’s just, it was weird." I say.

"Weird? Weird how?" Felicity asks.

"It just was." I was thinking about the mysterious girl who had escaped.

“Oliver, this was a routine mission, you had them, and didn't even throw a punch. What happened?" Felicity asks. I shrug. My phone starts ringing.

“Detective?"

"Who's the new archer putting arrows in people?" Lance asks. I sigh.

"We don't know yet." I growled, a mix between unsure and curious.

"Well who do you know that uses silver crescent-shaped arrows?" Lance asks.

"Silver crescent-shaped arrows?" I ask as I hold up one of the mini arrows I pulled from my arm and examine the silver arrow head. Felicity shrugs, then starts typing on her computer. "As soon as we have a lead we'll let you know." I say before hanging up. I catch John staring at me. Then notice Thea and Laurel staring as well. "What?" I ask as I pull the last arrow from my arm. "You're hiding something." Thea says. "Why would you think that?" I ask.

"We know you Oliver. Tell us what happened." John says.

"The archer just got away." I say, lying. Laurel shakes her head.

“No, you saw something. What was it?" She asks, and I sighed.

"The archer, I saw their face. Well as much of their face as I could, they had a mask on." I say. "And?" Thea asks.

“The archer is a girl." I say.

"So now we know that it’s a woman using crescent shaped arrows." John says, and I slowly shake my head.

"No. It's not a woman. It's a girl. A teenage girl." I say.

"That's why you didn't fight." Thea says, her voice quiet. I nod.

"I couldn't hurt her. She's just a kid." I say.

"Well, did you get anything that could help us find this girl?" John asks. I nod, then pull out a shard of glass and hand it to Felicity.

 "A piece of stained glass?" She asks.

"She pulled this out of her arm. That's her blood. See if you can get a DNA match." I say.

"Oh. On it." Felicity says