Chapter 47: Oliver

I walk down the street, making mental notes of possible places Talia might attack.

Up ahead I see someone look over their shoulder, then hurry into a coffee shop. I walk over to the coffee shop, wait for a man to pass, then walk in. I spot the hoodie and walk over.

"Excuse me." I say as I tap the person on the shoulder. The person turns their head, I take a step back.

"Oliver! Thank God, I thought I was gonna have to track you down." Artemis says.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

Artemis throws her arms around me and hugs me tight. "I'm so sorry for the way I acted that night." She says backing away.

"You were doing your job." I say.

"I was, but I'm still sorry." Artemis says as she adjusts her hood.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I sit down across from her.

"Talia is finishing the final preparations for war. She said we've reached the final hours." Artemis says, her voice barely above a whisper. "She wants me by her side the whole time." She continues.

I cross my arms.

"Oliver, I have to go now." Artemis says as she looks at the clock and stands up.

"That's all?" I ask. "Can't you wait a moment?"

Artemis nods. "I was only given an hour. And the time is almost up." She says.

I reach out and hug her again. "Please be careful." I say.

"You too Ollie." She says.