Chapter 22: Oliver

"I am so glad that is over, I'm exhusted!" Felicty says as we walk towards the door.

"Have you heard from Artemis?" I ask. Felicity shakes her head.

"I told her to be at Laurel's place by midnight, and Laurel just texted me saying she isn't there." I say.

"Your point?" Felicity asks.

"I've tried calling her twelve times and she hasn't answered. What if she got in trouble?" I ask.

Felicity laughs.

"Artemis is a big girl, I think she can take care of herself." She says as I stop walking.

I put my arm out and stop her from walking any further.

"Oliver? You okay?" She asks.

"Somethings wrong." I say.

"Oliver?" Felicity says.

"The door. It's open." I say. I look at Felicity.

"Stay here."

I slowly walk towards the door, which is open just a little. I slowly push the door open and peer inside. I walk into the room and look around.

There's a jacket hanging on a chair, a backpack laying on the floor, and a half eaten sandwich on the counter. I hear a sound chime from the couch. I walk over and see Artemis curled up on the couch, snoring ever so slightly.

I look back towards the door and see Felicity standing there.

"What is it?" She asks.

I put a finger to my lips, then motion for her to come here. She stands beside me and looks down at Artemis.

"How did she get in here?" Felicity whispers. I shrug and walk around to the other side of the couch. I grab a pillow from a nearby chair and slide it under Artemis's head, then grab a blanket from under the couch and drape it over her.

I look up and see Felicity smiling.

"What?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"I'm going to bed." She says as she walks towards me, gives me a small kiss, then walks upstairs.

I grab Artemis's jacket from the chair and hang it up. I freeze as she shifts and changes position.

Artemis lets out a soft little snore. I notice something laying on the floor by the couch.

Her phone. I pick it up.

Twelve unanswered calls, all from me.

"I see you've been texting that West boy." I mutter. I set her phone on the coffee table. I move a lock of Artemis's hair from her face.

"Goodnight." I say. I walk upstairs to go to sleep.

I wake up in the middle of the night, with a strange feeling in my gut that something is wrong. I walk downstairs and turn the light on.

"Hello Oliver." A voice says. I turn and see Malcolm Merlyn sitting on a chair beside the couch.

"What are you doing here Merlyn?" I ask.

"Keep your voice down Oliver, we wouldn't want to wake your precious little girl." Merlyn says.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"To talk." He says, like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"About what?" I ask.

"I was attacked earlier tonight." He says. "Two would be assassians broke into my home." I cross my arms.