Chapter 37

"So we're all clear on the plan?" I ask as I fill my quiver.

"Yeah. You were very clear all twenty five times." Thea says as she adjusts her hood.

Someone clears their throat. I turn and see Shadow standing a few feet away. "Nyssa asked me to tell you something. In private." She says.

"Alright." I say as I walk over to her.

"You can trust me." Shadow says.

"Okay."

Shadow pulls her hood down, then her mask. "I'm nothing like my parents Oliver." She says.

I examine her face. "We've met before, haven't we?" I ask.

"I can't say." Shadow says.

"You remind me of someone Artemis introduced me to."

"I have no idea who you're talking about. I just wanted to make sure you know you can trust me." She says.

"I trust you." I say, before turning and walking away.

"Oliver, we have more company." Felicity says.

"Who is it this time?"

"Hello Oliver." Malcolm Merlyn says.

"What are you doing here?" I demand.

"He's here to help us." Shadow says as she, Sarah, and Malak Alshaytan come over.

"Indeed I am. And may I say, it is great to see you again Jade. It's been too long." Merlyn says.

Shadow's eyes narrow, her hand curls around the hilt of one of her swords.

"Easy Jade, we are all friends here." Nyssa says as she places a hand on Jades shoulder.

"And I see you brought your little sister." Merlyn says. Malak Alshaytan shifts. "This is shaping up to be quite the reunion!"

"Enough talking, its time to go." Nyssa says.