chapter 3- Piano and flashback

Lara's P.O.V. :

I woke up the next morning by the sound of my alarm. I got out of my bed, did my bathroom business, got changed and started making oats and fresh juice for Cara. I made toast and bacon for myself. After I was done with my kitchen works, I headed towards our bedroom to wake Cara.

"Wake up sleepy head. The sun is already up high in the sky and is asking for you. What should I tell to the sun? Wake up!!" I said placing Cara's head on my lap.

"Tell him to come late. I don't want to see him already. I am not done with my dream." Cara said still in her sleep.

" What if the sun gets angry with my cutiepie and takes me away from you in order to punish you? Aww! poor me!" I said trying to sound sad.

"No ways! He is not allowed to take my mommy away from me. I will kick his ass. " Cara said jumping on the bed trying to look like a princess warrior. She is so sweet and adorable and.....wait!  how did she learn to say ' i will kick his ass'?

Argh! I will kill you, Ash for teaching her how to curse to my naive Cara.

"Baby, you shouldn't speak these kinds of things." I said pulling her into my arms.

"But, why?" she asked looking up into my eyes.

"Darling, because it's bad. You are a Princess and a princess never speaks bad things. You understand, right?" I asked her expectantly.

"Yes, mom. I understand." she smiled.

"Okay, now let's do some brushing of teeth, bath and then get ready for school. She ran towards the bathroom and I helped her brush then bath and eventually change for school. After having our breakfast we headed for school.

After 10 minutes of drive, we reached at the school. After I left her into her PG, I did my attendance and headed towards my class.

"Good morning, Ms. Jones!" everyone in the class greeted me as soon as I entered the class. I am the class teacher of grade 10 B.

"Good morning, students. Take your seats." I greeted them back with a warm smile. I did their attendance and started the class.

I teach them physics and mathematics.  I am not quite a lover of chemistry.

It's been one and a half year since I started teaching here as a part-time job. I am an architecture student and I am taking online architecture courses. Hopefully, if I get the scholarship in St. Louis' Architecture School which I have applied for then I'll be able to obtain my architect degree and internship without any problems and complications.

After taking my first three periods I went to the cafeteria for lunch. The cafeteria is not so big but it's really a cool place to hang out. When I see the teenagers hanging out with their friends, sharing their lunches and gossiping about rumors, assignments, new movies, video games, etc I felt like returning to my school days where I, Ash and our other group mates used to hang out, fight, laugh and do what not. But now, everything has changed. From the 6 member groups, now only I and Ash are in touch. Others have migrated all over the world for their higher studies or jobs.

"Hello, Ms. Jones! How's your day going? " someone asked from behind. I turned around and saw our school's principal, Mr. Brit lee standing with a mug of coffee in his hand. He is like a typical principle-the one with thick glasses, stern look, and a baldy. He hardly smiles. His tone is always bossy. But he really cares for his students and staffs. He is a very respectful person.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Brit lee. My day is going absolutely fine. What about yours?" I shook his hand.

"Good afternoon! I am having some stress. As you know, Ms. Jones that our school is organizing a fundraising program this Wednesday and I have no idea how am I going to manage everything on my own." he said in a very stressful tone. I never saw him this stressed. Poor him.

"Can I help you with anything in this?" I asked sincerely.

"Yes-yes, of course, you can, Ms. Jones. From your CV I came to know that you are a very good piano player. Can you please teach our students to play piano for the opening performance?" he asked looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"But sir, that was really long ago. It has been a long time since I last played the piano. How can I? " I said making an apologetic face. 

I really wanna help him but it has been 3 years since I last played the piano. The last time I played the piano was the day before my parents' car accident.

I still remember. It was their anniversary. We ate our dinner and mom dad cut their anniversary cake.

"Lara darling, please play the piano for us." my dad asked me to play the piano for them.

"Of course, daddy. Anything for you. " I said kissing my dad's cheek. "And what about me?" My mom said making a puppy face.

"My life's for you, mother. I love you all." I said hugging my mom.

"We love you too, honey." My mom said hugging me tightly and planted a kiss on my forehead. I then started playing the piano and my parents started dancing holding each other. It was like a dream. I miss you, mom and dad. Please come back to me, to Cara, to us. Please!!

"Are you listening to me, Ms. Jones?" I heard Mr. Brit lee asking with a confused look.

"Umm.....sorry, sir. I just got zoned out. So what were you saying?" I asked in an apologetic tone.

"Ms. Jones, a musician is never off beat. He/she, no matter what or how long have left playing instruments but never forgets how to play them. I have full faith in you and your skills. So please, Ms. Jones help me with this." he said with a hopeful look. Who can say 'No' to that face?

"Okay, sir! I will do it. When should I start teaching the students to play the piano? " I asked him.

"Now!" He said sipping his coffee.

Now?

"Okay, sir." I said and went to the auditorium hall.

There were 15 students. They were waiting for me. So I guess they were already informed that I would be coming to teach them. I introduced myself to them and started to think of ideas about how to present their opening performance. So I thought of making it a musical love-story and when it comes to love story, nothing can be better than 'Romeo and Juliet'. So the plan was ready.

Now it's time to choose the characters. So I auditioned them and chose a girl named Amanda as Juliet and Jack as Romeo.

I auditioned other students for other characters. After I was done, I started explaining to everyone about their roles and made them rehearse. Meanwhile, I taught Jill and Gordon to play the piano. I chose them to be the pianists of the play. And they are really good at playing the piano. I made them rehearse for two and a half hours. Then the bell rang and we all headed out of the school. It was a good day. I liked these kids. They were really cooperative and sharp. They understood their respective roles really well.

I headed towards the PG and picked Cara from there. I drove back home. We ate our dinner and we watched Sleeping Beauty. After the movie was over, we both were sleepy.

"Good night, sweetie," I said.

She replied "Good night, mommy." I gave her a goodnight kiss and cuddled her after which I drifted to sleep.

♡Don't forget to vote♡