chapter 12- A positive sign

Mrs. Adams' P.O.V. :

"Ma'am, I don't know if it's a good news or a bad news but I guess it's important for you to know. Ms. Jones and Mr. Adams met tonight at Ian sir's bar. But sorry to inform you, their first meeting was a total mess. Now I don't think they would ever want to see each other's face again." Landon said on the phone.

"What are you talking about, Landon? Tell me in detail." I asked him.

"Ma'am...actually Mr. Adams went to Ian sir's bar along with Jake sir to celebrate Ian sir's 23rd birthday. Ian sir dared him to kiss any girl he wants in the bar. Mr. Adams chose Ms. Jones and kissed her..." I cut him off immediately.

"Oh my god! That's fantastic. They kissed on their first meeting. That's a great news, Landon!" I exclaimed, excitedly.

Wow...that's really a great news. Now there's hope for the two. Yay!!

"Yeah it's great up to this point...but what happened after the kiss is the matter of problem, Ma'am," Landon replied, with a low disappointed voice.

"What do you mean, Landon?" I asked, confused.

"After the kiss, Ms. Jones pushed him away which almost made him fall on the floor. He got really angry and insulted Ms. Jones. He treated her really badly which made Ms. Jones furious and she punched him hard on his face and knocked him down. He was about to do something more when Ian sir and Jake sir stopped him-" he said. 

"No! No! No! This is not happening at all. This is not how I wanted their first meeting to be...." I was about to complete my sentence when suddenly Cammy took the phone from my hand.

"It's a good news, Landon. Talk to you later, bye!" Cammy said to Landon and cut off the phone.

How did she know?

"Mom, your phone was on speaker. Now stop stressing out. It's really a good news, mom. Trust me!" Cammy said trying to calm me .

"How can you say it's a good news when it's obvious that it was a terrible first meeting, Cammy? Didn't you hear what happened? They both got into a fight with each other. Not just an argument but a literal physical fight. Now they must have already started hating each other, Cammy. I am getting really stressed out." I was really confused.

"Mom, relax! I am the pregnant one here and you're acting like one. Anyways, you have heard it right...that fight leads to friendship and hatred leads to love. And I have this gut feeling that Lara is the only girl who can handle my arrogant, rude and workaholic brother." Cammy said, settling on the couch next to my bed.

"Now there's someone who can teach our Shane a good lesson. Just wait and watch mom, Lara will make Shane realize how wrong he is about everything. She will melt his heart and change him in a good way. And mark my words, one day he will go on his knees and beg her to marry him." Cammy said, confidently.

Really? Can this happen? Ever?

"Do you think so, Cammy?" I asked, uncertain about it. 

"I do, mom. Trust me eventually everything is going to fall into place." Cammy said, giving me the assuring look.

"Let's hope so!" I whispered.

♡Don't forget to vote♡