chapter 15- Agreeing to the marriage 'deal'

Lara's P.O.V. :

I walked out and started searching for the dining room.

This place is really huge. I can't even find the dining room. They should put the nameplates at the start of every corridor stating which room it leads to. Now, where do I find the dining room?

"Ms Jones, this way." a man who looked like a butler said from behind.

"Oh thank god! I was unable to find the room. Thank you." I thanked him with relief in my voice. I walked towards him.

"It's Bonanza, Ms Jones. Mrs Adams sent me to guide your way to the dining hall," he said with a slight smile.

He walked me to the room.

There was a long dining table at the middle of the dining hall consisting of 6 chairs on either of its the length and two head chairs at its opposite ends.

A man who seemed to be in his mid 50s was seated on one of the head chairs. If I have guessed it right then he must be Senior Mr. Adams. Mr Shane Adams is his exact photocopy....they look so much alike. 

Mrs Adams and Cameron were seated beside him on either sides. They were only three people seated on the dining chairs surrounded by 3-4 chefs, maids and other workers assisting in setting up the table.

Where is he?

None of your concern, Lara. It's good that he's not here. My conscience spoke at the back of my head.

Mrs Adams noticed my presence. "Oh, you're here, Lara dear. Come over and join us, " she said, smiling.

I walked up to the table and took an empty seat beside Cameron. She welcomed me with a smile.

"Ms Jones, I have heard so much about you from my two lovely ladies here." Senior Mr Adams spoke looking at me.

Really? Do they talk about me?

"That's an honor, sir. I have also heard so much about you via magazines and social media." I said, smiling.

Ash told me about Mr Shane Adams' dad while we were at the cafe that day. 

"So what do you do other than teaching at school and giving piano classes? I mean, I don't think primary school teachers are paid much. It must be difficult to make a living out of what you get paid. And is teaching the only thing you do?" Senior Mr Adams asked sipping on his glass of wine.

There's no doubt, Mr Shane Adams is his son. Rude!! No wonder Junior Mr. Adams is like this. Genes do matter after all.

Mrs Adams glared at him.

"I am a fourth-year architecture student, sir. I got the scholarship to take online architecture classes. I have applied for the scholarship in Frank Lloyd College to complete the last year of schooling and internship. Hopefully, I will be able to get the scholarship. And, regarding my living expenses, I have been managing it pretty well. I haven't faced any major financial crisis so far and I am really hopeful about the future." I answered. Well...a lot more in detail, I guess.

He seemed really impressed.

"Well, I am really impressed, Ms Jones. So when-" he was cut off by Mrs Adams.

"Let go of your 20 questions, honey. Let her eat," she said, giving a slightly frustrated look to him.

"Okay-okay. I am sorry. Let's start our meal. But...where's my son and my grandson?" he asked looking for them.