chapter 32 - Falling

Shane's P. O. V. : 

"Meet the children of my sisters." aunt Suzie said excitedly and started introducing her nieces and nephews.

"She is Nam. Nam is a medical student." She said introducing the petite girl.

She looked like a typical nerd with thick-rimmed glasses and tomboyish clothes.

She bowed down her head to us and greeted us. We did the same.

"She is Sinn. Twin of Nam. Sinn is one of the best models in Beijing." She said introducing the tall slender girl.

Twins?

Maybe unidentical. That explains better. I thought.

She also bowed her head to us and greeted me. And we did the same.

This bowing thing is tiring!

"He is Lee. My favorite nephew and one of the best surgeons in the country." She said proudly introducing the model looking guy.

Surgeon...huh?! Good for nothing surgeon!

What is the use of being a top known surgeon when you do not know how to behave?!

How the hell can he look at Ms. Jones like that? For god's sake, she's married.

Married?!

Ummm...okay fake but still she's a married woman for everyone else and I don't allow any guy to look at my wife...I mean Ms. Jones like that.

But the guy doesn't know that yet.

Whatever.

"He's hot!" Ms. Ashley whisper exclaimed

"What? Hot? He? No ways!" Ian said rolling his eyes

"I think he's cute." Ms. Angelia agreed with Ms. Ashley.

"Haaa...cute! My a**!" Jake said irritatedly. We indeed are brothers.

The two girls rolled their eyes.

Does Ms. Jones think the same way?

The surgeon greeted us and smiled at Ms. Jones.

I swear to god I'll swipe that good for nothing charming smile off your face if you won't stop looking at her like that.

"And they are our very special guests from New York. You might know the Dormann group of industries and Adams Empire. They are the heirs and these beautiful ladies are their love interests." She winked whilst introducing us.

Take that, you surgeon! She is MY love interest.

Wait, what?

You're going crazy, Shane.

"Doesn't their back hurt? I mean they've already bowed thrice." I heard Ashley whisper ask Ms. Jones. This made Ian and Jake chuckle.

"I don't know about their backs but my back is hurting a lot," Ian said, stretching out his back.

"Shhh!" Ms. Jones shush them.

"Nice to meet you all." Ms. Jones said, whilst extending her hand towards them.

All of them shook their hands and when she extended her hand towards the surgeon, instead of simply shaking hands with her, he took her hand in his and kissed at the back of her hand.

What the f***?

Lara's P.O.V. :

I was surprised at first when Mr. Lee took my hand into his and kissed at the back of my hand but when he looked into my eyes still holding my hand, it made me blush a little.

But the most shocking part was when Mr. Adams came beside me and pulled me towards him from my waist. His grip on my waist was tight. His hold on my waist seemed possessive.

Is he possessive about me?

Why would he be possessive over me when we are not even good friends? I am definitely over assuming things.

He looked at Mr. Lee with a hint of mock in his eyes. It seemed like he was showing off.

What is he showing off? Me? I wish he is.....

What? What am I thinking?

I was on the verge of choking due to my unbelievable assumptions.

"Glad to meet you, Mr. Lee. I am Shane Adams and she's MY wife, Mrs. Lara Shane Adams." Mr. Adams said stressing on 'my' word. It sounded as if he was trying to let Mr. Lee know that I belonged to him. He looked into my eyes and smiled.

Ahhh...why is my heart beating so loudly at just the very thought of being his? And why the hell are my legs going jelly? Why does he have so much effect on me? Am I?

Arghh...no, no I am not.

Flashback:

"Hey, Angie. Wassup?" I asked while we were on the plane.

"Nothing. You look happy though. What's the secret?" She asked teasingly.

"Nothing much Angie. It's just that I made a deal with Mr. Shane about something." I smiled remembering our tiny little deal.

"Lara, can I ask you something?" Angie asked, hesitantly.

"Yeah sure. Anything." I said getting comfortable on my seat.

"Is there anything going on between you and Mr. Adams?" She asked out of blue. Her question made my choke on my saliva

"What? No. Nothing's going on between us. What would you ask that?" I whisper asked her so that no one could hear our conversation.

"Don't get me wrong. But whenever you guys look at each other, you both seem to get lost into each others' eyes. It only happens when you are falling for that person." She said squeezing my hand and smiled

Am I falling for him?

No! Never! That's not gonna happen. At least not in this life.

End of flashback

"Nice to meet you both Mr. and Mrs. Shane Adams." Mr. Lee said, which brought me out of my thoughts.

Mr. Adams nodded his head and then looked at me.

I looked up at him as well.

Could this be possible?

Am I falling for you, Mr. Adams?

Do vote!