chapter 14- And we meet again (in a more civillized manner)

Lara's P.O.V. :

"Good Afternoon, Ms Jones. Welcome to the Adams' mansion. Mrs Adams is waiting for you in the living area." the lady said, smiling.

"Thank you!" I said as I entered through the big mahogany gates.

"This way, Miss." she walked me towards the living area and opened the giant glass door which opened to the living room....or should I better say, living 'hall'?

I entered the living room and found Mrs. Adams sitting on a maroon velvet couch, sipping her cup of tea.

I went and stood in front of her. As soon as she saw me, she stood up and took me in a hug. Wow....she reminds me of my mom. I embraced her back.

"Good to see you again, Lara dear," she said as we sat on the couch.

"Same here, Mrs Adams," I said smiling.

The lady took a leave and walked away. Soon Cameron walked inside along with Josh. 

"Hello, Lara. Good to see you. How are you doing?" she asked, smiling.

"I am fine. Good to see you too." I said as I stood up and extended for a handshake but she hugged me. The hug was soft and warm.

It felt good. 

"And how's the little angel inside?" I asked referring to her baby bump.

She sat on the couch along with Josh in front of us.

"She missed you too, Lara," she said caressing her bump. 

"So Cammy, I guess we should take a leave now and let Josh attend his piano class." Mrs Adams said to Cameron and stood up. She helped Cameron to stand up.

"Lara dear, we'll be glad if you could join us for dinner. I insist. "Mrs Adams said with hopeful eyes.

"Sure" I said, smiling. 

"Do not trouble her. Do you get me, Mr Junior Parker?" Cameron asked to Josh, sternly.

"Yes, mommy!" Josh climbed up the couch and kissed her nose.

So cute!

And they walked outside the room closing the door behind us.

"So Josh, where's the piano? " I asked roaming my eyes around the huge room searching for the piano.

"Here, miss." he said grabbing my fingers.

He pulled me towards the back part of the room where a white colored piano was placed grandly.

We sat on the piano chairs.

"What will you teach me, miss? he asked, excited.

"Have you played the piano before? Because if you haven't then I would have to start with the basics." I asked.

"Yes miss, I have. My uncle taught me. He is really good at it." he said, proudly.

Seems like, he really loves his uncle.

"Oh! If your uncle already knows how to play piano then why did your mom hire me for it?" I asked, smiling. I was just curious.

"Because he is busy most of the times. I rarely see him free. He is always working. So he doesn't get time to teach me." he informed.

"Oh....that explains why your mom hired me. Okay then let's start our class. Today, I'll teach you a very special song." I said putting my handbag on the ground.

"Which song, miss?" he asked.

A song which is very very special to me and holds a special place in my life.

"A song, which my mom taught me when I was of your age," I said pulling his cheeks gently.

"I either play or hum this song whenever I feel lonely or sad." I said.

He looked at me with a worried look on his face.

"Are you sad, miss?" he asked with a worried look.

"No Josh. I am not sad. It's just that I am missing my mom today just a little more than usual." I said.

I started playing the song. I closed my eyes and started feeling the song. The melody filled my mind, heart and soul.

Mom, I really miss you!

After I finished playing the song, I opened my eyes slowly and the first person I saw standing in front of me was the last person I wanted to ever see. 

Is he really here?

Must be a dream. But why will I have a dream about him?

I closed my eyes again and opened but he was really there. It isn't my dream. It's real!

Wait....what is he doing here? Is he here to take his revenge for yesterday? I swear I'll beat him to death if he does anything to harm me.

I stood up and walked up to him.

He was staring at me without even averting his eyes once. He had mixed emotions on his face which I really couldn't comprehend.

I stood in front of him, face-to-face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, sternly.

He didn't reply.

"What.are.you.doing.here.mister?" I repeated my question again, this time more sternly.

No reply again.

I rolled my eyes out of annoyance.

"What are you doing here?" he asked me after a minute.

What? Copycat! He copied my question. I won't answer his copy.

"First you tell me what are you doing here?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Uncle, Shane!" Josh shouted from behind.

I turned around and saw him running towards him.

Don't tell me what I am thinking is right. Please no! It can't be. He can't be Mrs Adams' son. But how can he be? I mean neither Mrs Adams nor Cameron is evil and cold like him then how could he be her son. Please no. I crossed my fingers.

"Hey, champ! How're you doing?", he asked taking Josh in his arms.

"I am good, Uncle. Meet my piano teacher-Miss, Lara Jones. She's so pretty, isn't she?" Josh said, pointing towards me.

His eyes traveled from Josh to me. Mr Creep looked towards me as if he was scanning from top to down and stopped on my face.

"Yeah! Nice to meet you, Ms. Jones," he said, extending his hand.

Should I accept the handshake? No, Lara. Don't! What if he takes your hand and makes you fall on your back on the floor as you did to him last night? My conscience alerted me.

After hesitating for few seconds, I extended my hand for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Adams," I said, dryly.

"So, you're the new piano teacher?" he asked, narrowing his eyes.

Why? Didn't you hear Josh saying I am his piano teacher?

"Yes" I said looking into his eyes.

"It'll be fun to see you around then," he said with a smirk on his face...an evil smirk!

What is he implying? Fun....to see me around?

I was about to speak when the same lady who had opened the door earlier cut me off.

"Dinner is ready, sir. Mrs. Adams has sent me to call you all for the dinner," she informed.

"So you're joining us for dinner. Good! See you at the dining table. Ms. Jones." he smirked again and walked out with Josh in his arms.

What's with the smirk? I swear if he does anything to me, I'll break his bones.

♡Don't Forget To Vote♡