chapter 33-the surgeon is dead for sure

You can read my new story, 'BROKEN BUT YOURS' on my profile. Go check it out!

Shane's P.O.V. :

"Sorry, mom couldn't come today with us due to my father's business trip. But she promised that she'll not miss your anniversary party." Nam said, apologetically.

"Oh, it's okay dear. I am happy that you all could make it for few days earlier to the party. It really means a lot to us." Aunt Suzie said, smiling.

Nam nodded her head and sip on the coffee.

"And if I am not wrong then your mother is busy with her social work, isn't she ?" Aunt Suzie asked the surgeon.

"Yes, she is, ãyi." He said, smiling.

(Ãyi=Aunt)

"Oh dear, my sisters are never going to change." She said and rolled her eyes dramatically which earned her some chuckles and giggles from us.

"Gumã, I want to eat chocolate cake." the little Chinese boy who I came to know was the Surgeon's little brother.

"My xiâo jiãhuo is craving for a chocolate cake, huh? I'll bake it quick for you." Aunt said, in a baby-like voice.

"Hun, you've already stressed yourself too much. Please take some rest. The maid will bake the cake for our Lui." Mr. Chang said rubbing her hands gently to make her feel relaxed.

"I don't want the maid to bake for my xiâo jiãhuo. I don't trust them." Aunt Suzie accused.

"Ãyi, Lee can bake for him. If you're forgetting then let me remind you who was the winner of annual baking feast competition last year." Shin said and winked at the surgeon.

The surgeon smiled shyly and scratched the back of his neck. Even that makes my blood boli in anger.

"Oh, how can I forget. Why worry about the cake when youve the master baker in your house. Lee, I don't know anything but you'll have to bake the cake for us today. You will right?" Aunt Suzie asked hopefully.

He hesitated for a bit and then looked at Ms. Jones before agreeing to bake the cake.

What the heck was that? Why would he look at Ms. Jones before saying yes?

Is Ms. Jones your mamma, little boy?

I rolled my eyes and tightened my grip on Jake's arm.

"Brother watch out. That's not the surgeon's neck but my poor arm. Have mercy on it." Jake said trying to loosen my grip on his arm.

"Doctor plus a baker. The combination is delicious." Ashley whispered.

"Stop drooling Ashley or you gonna drench my T-shirt from your saliva," Ian said rolling his eyes.

"Whatever!" Ashley rolled her eyes.

*********

"The cake is delicious." Aunt Suzie complimented.

"Yes, it's delicious." Angelia agreed and Ashley nodded her head in agreement.

"Cake is the life of the girls. We girls love cakes. If you want to impress any girl then just give her a cake." Ms. Ashley said, devouring the cake.

"Yes, I agree too." Ms. Jones complimented as well.

Really?

The Surgeon scratched the back of his neck and thanked them shyly.

How badly I want my hands on that neck of yours surgeon.