chapter 6- Hope!

Mrs. Adams' P.O.V. :

"Hello! Am I talking to my son Mr. Shane Adams, who doesn't love his mother at all and never listens to her?" I asked my son on the phone.

"Mom, stop overacting. Now, tell me what do you want me to do this time. I am really busy right now so just come to the point, please." he said, slightly irritated. 

Can't he once in life talk more like a gentleman?

"Well, today I have been invited as a chief guest at St. Thomas school  to attend a fundraising program. And I want you to come with me." I informed him waiting for his reply which I already knew. 

"Mom, you know I am really busy. I have a really important meeting today. I am really stuck into something which requires my attention. Maybe some other day." I recalled his replies which he always gives me whenever I ask him to accompany me.

"Mom, you know I am really busy. I have a really important meeting today. I am really stuck into something which requires my attention . Maybe some other day." he replied. As always and as expected! I know my arrogant and stubborn son very well.

"No, I am not listening anything this time. You are coming with me and that's final! No more discussions." I fired back my reply to him trying to sound rigid.

After a long pause and inhalation of long breathe of frustration, he agreed. 

"Okay fine. You won! Just text me the venue and time. I will be there." with that he cut the phone.

I took a sigh of relief. Now I need to dress up. I texted him the time and venue while I changed into my navy blue one piece. I wore a long cream colored coat over it. And headed towards the car with Paul following me. I sat at the back seat of my Rolls Royce Ghost and Paul sat beside the driver on the passenger seat.

"Landon where's Shane? Is he coming?" I called my spy boy a.k.a Shane's bodyguard, Landon.

Landon is a really kind guy. He looks rigid from outside but is a softy from inside. He is like my partner in crime. I intentionally made him Shane's bodyguard because I wanted to get information on my son's whereabouts which I know he will never tell me if I ever asked him directly. So, I took Landon's help. He always informs me about what he's doing but never in my life ever I heard Shane getting along with any girl...arghh...!

I hoped that someday he would tell me that my son was lingering with some hot chick but unfortunately I never heard anything like that. So I finally decided to play the Cupid's role in my son's life.

"Ma'am, he's getting ready to attend the fundraising event in his office's bedroom," Landon informed.

Yup, you read it right. My workaholic son has a bedroom in his office. Sometimes he gets caught up in work so much that he doesn't even get time to come home. So to take a 30-minute break and take a nap, he made a bedroom inside his office where no one except he himself is allowed to enter. That's my son for you. 

"Well see you guys at the program. Bye! " I said to Landon, feeling satisfied that he actually agreed to join me for the program.

"Yes, ma'am" he replied and ended the call.

"Wait for grandma, we are also coming with you." I heard Josh as he came running towards my car along with Cameron walking behind him carefully. 

"Grandma, we also want to come to the program. Please take us with you" he said  trying to look at me through the half open window.

"Yes, mom. I am tired of sitting on the couch whole day doing nothing. Please take us with you. Please!" Cameron said making a puppy face. Can't say no to that face.

"Okay! Come in." I said moving to the other side of the seat to let Josh and Cameron sit. Paul got out of the car to open the back door of the car for Josh and Cameron. As soon as they entered the car, the driver drove off to the school.

♡Don't forget to vote♡