chapter 36 -Almost there

Lara's P.O.V. :

"I look okay, right?" I asked looking at my reflection in the mirror from top to the bottom.

"Okay? You're looking stunning, Lary.  Mr. Adams is going to cry for oxygen after taking a single look at you." She said, assuring and applied red lipstick on her lips.

I smiled hopefully and then looked at my appearance for the last time.

It's a big night today. I thought

"Guys, do you think our plan's gonna work?" Angie asked, unsure.

"Yes!" Ash and I answered confidently.

"Let's go and show the men that we are better than those barbie looking girls." I said remembering the way how shamelessly he was flirting with those girls from the baking competition.

Flashback:

"Oh, how we wanted you guys to win this competition." One of the Chinese girls who came third in the competition said and clung to his arm. And Mr. Shane looked totally cool with her clinging to him.

Control your anger, Lara. Control!

"And how we wanted you to win this competition. Beautiful girls like you should have won this competition but unfortunately, girls like her won it." he said looking at me and then took the girl's hand and kissed it.

I know what you are trying to do. But guess what, I am not going to fall in your trap.

The girl kept her head on his shoulder and he just kept smirking looking at me.

Control Lara. Just control the lava of your anger. Don't show him that you're getting jealous. I repeatedly chanted this in my mind

"You are absolutely right, brother. It's such a shame that the non deserving people won the competition." Ian said looking at Ash, teasingly.

Ash made her hand into a fist but I stopped her from doing anything for which she would regret later.

"The last time I checked, it was a baking competition and not a fashion show." Ash said, mockingly.

"Girls who are less prettier always get jealous of the more pretty ones, it's natural. Don't mind them please." Jake said taking one of the three girls' hand into his and caressing her cheeks in front of Angie.

Angie's eyes filled with tears but I patted her back which made her restraint her tears from coming out of the eyes.

"Don't react girls. They are trying to make us jealous. We'll show them tomorrow whom they are messing with." I whispered to my girls.

Shane's P.O.V. :

"Where are the girls? Are they planning to take the whole night to get ready?" Jake asked, sipping his glass of wine.

"Don't know brother. I am all nervous for tonight. Tonight's a big deal for me." I said gulping down the whole glass of the wine in one go. I was all restless and nervous for tonight.

"Don't worry. Keep calm and just be your usual self. I proposed Angelia, Ian proposed Ashley now it's your turn to propose to Lara. Everything's gonna be fine. " Jake said patting on my shoulder.

I just nodded my head however I couldn't calm myself.

"But we shouldn't have made them jealous. Now they won't go easy on us." Ian said keeping the glass on the bar's slab

Jake nodded his head in agreement whereas I started glancing here and there to find the peace of my mind. Her.

I looked around and studied the environment. The Chang's Villa was filled with hundreds of people. Mr. Chang and aunt Suzie were dressed in their tradition Chinese clothes and were busy welcoming their guests whereas their other relatives were attending their other guests.