chapter 24-He's not that bad, I guess

Lara's P.O.V.:

He came and sat beside me. I ignored his presence the best I could. I just focused on my food because the food was more interesting than his PDA.

"Lara, she is Riley, my niece." Mrs. Adams introduced the girl to me.

Niece! That means, Mr. Adams' cousin?

And here I was thinking that she's his girl...

Stop it, Lara!

I smiled at her and she smiled back. Her smile was so genuine and heart warming.

Okay so now you like her?

"Nice to meet you, Riley." I said, smiling.

"Nice to meet you too, Lara. You're really beautiful. Shane is really lucky to have you as his wife." She said and sat beside Cameron.

So she also thinks that we are married.

"I am so sorry, I couldn't come to your wedding, Shane." She said, sadly.

"Oh, it's okay Riley. Neither did we attend our marriage." He said taking a bite of his food.

What is he saying? Is he mad or what?

I elbowed him on his stomach.

He coughed.

"What do you mean?" Riley asked raising her eye brows.

"Umm...I mean...we married in a court without letting anyone know about our marriage. None of our family members were there. And it was not like a typical marriage as we didn't marry in a church." He said wiping his mouth.

He took a long sigh of relief.

"What? You didn't do the catholic wedding? Why?" She asked, surprised.

He looked at me for help. I just rolled my eyes and concentrated on my food. It's his fault. He'll have to make it right now.

"Because...we were in a relationship when I got her pregnant. We weren't married yet so in order to just stop all the fuss that could happen, we married in a court as we didn't had time to organize and do a church wedding." He replied.

I choked at that and glared at him. 

"What happened, Lara dear?" his mom passed me a glass of water.

I gulped down the whole glass of water.

I'll kill your son, Mrs. Adams!

"That's so sweet of you, big brother. You married your woman to save her prestige and reputation. I am so proud of you." Riley said, dreamily.

Only if you knew the truth, Riley.

"But it's sad that you didn't do a church wedding." Riley said, sadly.

We both nodded our head slightly to look sad.

******

"I'll punch you on your face next time if you repeat your mistake." I warned Mr. Adams as soon as we were in his bedroom.

Mrs. Adams requested to let Cara sleep in her bedroom so now only we were in his bedroom.

"What did I do?" He asked trying to look innocent.

"You know exactly what you did, Mr. Adams." I spat and crossed my arms.

"Okay, I am sorry. It was my fault. I won't repeat my mistake..." he said and walked towards me.