Chapter 27- (part 3) Finally!

Shane's P.O.V :

"Now you may exchange your rings." Jonathan aka the minister said, politely.

I took out the blue velvet box from my pocket and opened it.

"Darling, your hand please." I asked Ms. Jones to give her hand for the ring ceremony but I guess she wasn't in the mood.

Ms. Jones kept looking at the ring which I was holding in my hand and then at my face, still in the dilemma of what to do and what not to do. The nervousness was distinct on her face.

I wanted to tell her the whole plan but I was enjoying her state of dilemma, confusion and nervousness way too much to do that.

Jonathan cleared his throat to get her attention but she wasn't in the terms of giving any attention to him or anyone. Her whole focus was on the ring and her ring finger.

"Sweetheart, give me your hand." I asked again, this time stressing on the endearment.

She looked at me as if I had asked for her kidney.

"Uh...my ring finger....uh...yeah...actually my ring finger is kinda wounded. I mean my ring finger is injured..ahh it hurts." She fake winced whilst rubbing her ring finger.

Such a drama queen!

I rolled my eyes.

"This ring won't kill your injured finger, darling. Now don't be a cry baby and give me your hand fast." I tried taking her hand into mine but she was quick enough to move it away and hide it behind her back.

Stubborn!

"Mr. Ad...darling try and understand. It's really hurting. I think we cannot do the ring ceremony." She made a puppy face.

"Is it really hurting dear? " mom asked from her seat.

"Yes, mom. It's a bit hurting." Ms. Jones said whilst fake wincing.

"Now what should we do then? " mom asked Jonathan.

Jonathan cleared his throat dramatically and was about to give his opinion on this matter when mom cut him off.

"Oh yes! That's a good idea father. If the ring finger of Lara's left hand is wounded then Shane can slid the ring in her right hand." Mom answered her own question leaving Jonathan in confusion.

"Ye..ah." Jonathan agreed, confused. 

Ms. Jones seemed a bit horrified by mom's idea whereas I felt proud of my mom.

"That's like my mom. Good idea. Love you, mom." I said and winked at Ms. Jones.

She gave a 'now you're dead look' .

I loved the pissed off expression of hers.

The best thing to watch today are her expressions which are changing like the color of the sky whilst sunset.

"Darling, give me your right hand then. Don't tell me it's hurt too?" I asked with a smirk.

"Uh..of..of course not. I..mean yeah of course." She stuttered.

She hesitantly forwarded her right hand. But before I could take her hand, she again withdrew her hand and started touching her forehead

"Ahh...my head is spinning. I think I am fainting." she said and fell into my arms.

And the worst actress award goes to Ms. Jones!

Everyone gasped.

"Lara dear, what happened? Are you alright?" mom came up on the stage and started examining her.