chapter 8- Mission daughter-in-law

Mrs. Adams' P.O.V. :

"Where are you, Shane?", I asked. "I'm on my way mom. I will be there in 10 minutes.," he replied and hung up.

I sat on my seat with my daughter and grandson on either side of me. After the speech of the principal, the host asked the performers to get ready for their performance while I was busy looking around searching for Lara. It was then when I saw Ashley, the friend of Lara, sitting two rows from our seats. She was there maybe for her little brother's performance. After I failed to find Lara, I turned my head towards the stage to watch the performances.

The curtain of the stage went up and we came to see the once empty stage was now arranged with props and filled with the performers. The setting seemed as if they were going to show some romantic drama. And I was right. They were going to perform the Romeo Juliet play. It's my favorite play.

All the characters were in their respective positions. At the right corner of the stage was placed a brown piano behind which I saw Lara with a boy. The spotlight was on them and on the main characters on stage.

They started playing the piano and to say that they played the piano amazingly, would be an understatement. They were magnificent. I closed my eyes to feel the music and rhythm. The music was so soulful. I felt each and every note they played. It was breath-taking. I knew that she played the piano well but never had I imagined that she would be so good at it. I was more impressed with her now.

After they stopped playing the piano, I opened my eyes and found that the play was over. All the characters along with the boy and Lara came in front of the stage hand in hand and bowed their head to appreciate the applauds which filled the auditorium hall. I just kept looking at Lara, she looked completely breath-taking in her yellow dress. Though in simple attire, she looked stunning. She looked at me and I mouthed beautiful to her. She smiled and bowed her head in appreciation and walked out of the stage with the kids and the curtain again covered the stage.

I was really upset that Shane didn't show up till now. I missed this chance of making him see this beautiful lady.

I called Landon. "Hello, Landon. Where are you guys?" I asked frustrated.

"Sorry, ma'am. Actually, we are stuck in traffic. We will be there soon." Landon replied apologetically.

"Oh!! Okay try to come fast," I said and after he said okay, I hung up.

This isn't good. Why it has to be today that he got stuck in the traffic. I was frustrated. Cameron put her hand on my shoulder and asked why I was worried. I explained her everything. She is the one in the family who really agrees with me and my decisions unlike my husband and my son.

"Mom I have an idea!" she winked. I know something is cooking inside her brain.

"What? Tell me, Cammy. I want to know." I was curious to know what she was planning.

"Just wait and watch mom. I also liked Lara. I think she's perfect for my arrogant brother." She smiled. Now I have one more person in my favor who will help me to settle my stubborn son. First Landon and now Cammy. I smiled back and started enjoying further performances.

We were almost at the end of the program. The host announced the last performance and requested the performers to be ready.

After the curtain went up, I was really awed to see Lara's little sister act. She played the role of Cinderella. She looked really adorable in her little Cinderella dress. And it was so funny when she ran with her short adorable legs towards her prince , which if I am not wrong , was Ashley's little brother. At the end of the act, they danced with hands in hands. They were too adorable. I could see Cammy also found them very cute . She had tears of happiness in her eyes. I know she's expecting a baby girl as her second child.

Josh was continuously looking at Cara. He didn't even blink his eyes once. Did I see something? Aww! My little Josh!

When the act ended, the little prince kissed his princess on her cheeks and everyone applauded. The auditorium was filled with cheers and applauds. Some even whistled after the kiss. At the front corner of the room, I saw Lara standing . I could see her eyes sparkled with tears. She was really happy to see her little sister act so beautifully. Ashley also joined her and they both hugged each other.

But where's my son?? I am surely not going to spare him this time.

"Hello, Landon where have you guys reached?" I asked him. I was really frustrated now.

"Sorry to inform you ma'am but we cannot make it to the program. The traffic was really dense because of which Mr. Adams got irritated and ordered to take a U-turn and now we are back at the company. He ordered me to apologize for not being able to show up. I am really sorry ma'am. I tried my best but-" I cut him from saying anything.

"It's okay Landon. I know you tried your best. We have got a new plan so don't worry." I informed him.

"We?" He was confused.

"Yes, Landon. Cameron is in this with us. You keep a watch on my son and inform me about each and every move. Bye." I replied.

"Yes, ma'am." I can assume that he was relieved after hearing this.

"So Cammy, what's your plan?" I asked my daughter.

♡Don't forget to vote♡