chapter 31 - cooking or disaster?

Lara's P. O. V. :

"Did I hear you right, Ms. Jones? Am I dreaming? " Ian was shocked again to see Mr. Shane covered in mud from tip to toe.

"Should I pinch you again? " Ash asked sarcastically.

"No! You pinch hard. " Ian said showcasing horrified expression.

Ash chuckled. Again everyone averted their eyes towards the front porch of the two-story typical Chinese wooden house built in Pagoda style, where Mr. Adams and I were standing with our muddy bodies.

 Adams and I were standing with our muddy bodies

"I don't believe you, Ms. Jones. You're trying to say that Shane aka The Shane Adams played in rain and got himself dirtied in the puddle? With you? I just can't believe this. " Jake said still trying to take in the information provided by me.

"Stop overacting, Jake. What's there not to believe in that I played in rain and puddle? It's normal. " Mr. Adams said shrugging his shoulder.

"It is normal for normal people, but you, my brother, aren't any other guy. You are not 'play in the rain' and 'get dirty in puddle' kind of guy. As far as I remember, you never liked playing in the rain you hated rain more than anything. " Jake pointed out.

"I never hated the rain. I just didn't like it much...before," he said the last part looking into my eyes which made me blush.

Stop blushing Lara! I mentally scolded myself and averted my eyes from him.

"Yeah right...." Jake commented sarcastically to which Angie giggled.

She's whipped. No doubt!

"...I remember when we were kids, you used to hide inside the closet so that no one could find you and make you play in the rain. And remember the time when we went to school camping, me and Ian worked our butts off to make you come outside of your tent and play with us in the rain, you faked your fever. "Jake said to remember the good old memories.

"I remember brother. " Ian said excitedly from behind.

Jake looked at Mr. Adams and then at me and smirked.

"So brother, would you mind telling your cousins, what made you come out of your comfort zone and do something opposite of your nature that is, to have fun and live the life. "Jake asked teasingly crossing his arms over his chest.

"It's the effect of lady love that has come in his life, Jake. " we heard a female voice coming from the corner of the house.

We all turned towards the source of the sound and found aunt Suzie standing at the door of a room which I supposed to be the kitchen. She had a tray full of bowls and chopsticks in her hands.

I smiled when I saw her which she returned with the same honesty.

She walked towards us with her signature elegance and motherly smile and stood in front of me and Mr. Adams.