Chapter 41 : Groom ✈ bride

Lara's P.O.V. :

I was looking outside the window of my apartment and feeling the cold airplay with my hair slowly. I liked what the air was doing to me. it was trying to heal my pain..it was trying the calm my inner havoc.

How things changed in just a few days?! I never ever thought that my life would change so much in just a few days....how I thought of never getting into any romantic relationship with anyone, even a casual relationship was never in my mind and how today here I am totally fallen in love with the man who can never be mine. He has already become someone else's now. I cannot even have hopes for the future with him now.

I never thought my heart would break like this without even making any sound. I thought my life was complete....me, Cara, good job, good education and best friends like Angie and Ash. But after meeting and falling for Shane, I realized how incomplete my life was-how incomplete I was. But I guess this is how it was supposed to be...maybe my life is always going to stay incomplete like this.

It was getting late so I turned to go to the bed where Cara was sleeping peacefully. Before I could take any step further I heard a loud honk of a car. I went back to the window and looked down to see who was honking so loudly at this hour of the night. There was a black Mercedes Benz pulled over in front of the main door of our apartment. Is Shane here at this hour? I thought.

No, why would he be here? He might be enjoying his engagement. My train of thoughts was halted when the person inside the car honked again.

I locked the apartment door quietly to make sure Cara doesn't wake up and slowly descended the stairs and reached in front of the car. The headlight was on due to which I was unable to look who was inside the car. My heart beat started to race thinking it might be none other than Shane but my hope was thrown out of the window when the headlight was turned off and Mr Stone came out of the car with his signature smirk on his face.

"Mr Stone? What are you doing at this hour of the night?" I asked confused. I have never seen him before in this locality and I don't think he would have any work in this locality...then why is he here? is he here to meet me? nah...I don't even know him that much that he would show any interest in meeting me.

He walked towards me and sat on the bonnet of his car. He then crossed his legs and also his arms over his chest and kept staring at me with that silly smirk on his face.

"What? Why are you looking at me with that smirk on your face? Is something on my face?" I asked while I started trying to figure out if there's anything smudged on my face.

"I was trying to see what Shane saw in you and fell in love with you...I mean this is the first time since our childhood that I have seen him falling for a girl so hard. Even in high school he never had a crush on any of the girls...but You are different. You made him fall in love with you. Wow! You really must be an enchantress to do that. " he said as he jumped off the bonnet and stood straight in front of me.

"So you also think the same as Mrs Adams and Cameron? I also thought the same thing but today I am sure that he is not in love with me- he never was." I said sadly looking down on my hands that were playing with each other.

"He loves you, Lara..." I was about to disagree but he held my hands firmly and continued.

"....he didn't even get engaged to Tiara. The engagement got cancelled." He completed and I kept staring at him as if he has grown horns on his head

"What? The engagement got cancelled? Why?" I asked feeling all confused.

"Yes, the engagement got cancelled...."