chapter 28 -Trip to China?

8k reads. Thank you so much!!!

Also, thank you so so much for loving this story. I read your comments and they were really sweet.

Keep loving my story. 

Enjoy!!

Shane's P. O. V.

"Congratulations, Mr. Adams on your wedding. " Mr. Chang said whilst extending his hand for a handshake.

"Thank you, Mr. Chang. Glad to meet you again. I didn't expect to see you here. " I said accepting the handshake. 

What is he doing here?

"My wife, Suzie..." he said introducing the lady who was standing beside him.

"...happens to be your mother's college mate. She invited us to your wedding. " he continued.

He is surely unaware of fake marriage.

Well that's good, at least for my deal with Mr. Chang.

"I didn't know that. Such a small world! Glad to meet you, Mrs. Chang. " I said whilst offering my hand for a handshake.

She smiled and pushed my hand away gently and took me into a hug. I was shocked by her gesture and my body got stiffen but when I heard her sniffling, I snaked my arms around her and returned the hug with the same enthusiasm and affection.

"Brenda is so lucky to have a son like you, Shane." Mrs. Chang said, as we parted from the hug.

I could see the tears that glistened in her eyes.

"Is something wrong, Mrs. Chang? Why are you crying? " I asked offering her my handkerchief.

"Oh nothing dear. It's just that I feel jealous of your mother sometimes. " she said, accepting the handkerchief. She wiped her tears.

"Sorry, Mr. Adams. Actually we don't have our own child so whenever she sees her friends' children, she gets too emotional. Please don't mind." Mr. Chang said caressing his wife's back lovingly.

"It's totally fine, Mr. Chang. Thanks for coming to our wedding." I said thankfully.

"Meet my wife, Lara Adams, she's a part time primary school teacher and an architecture student." I pulled Ms. Jones by her waist, gently towards me and showed her off proudly. Ms. Jones looked up at me and smiled.

Don't get me wrong, I am just doing this to show Mr. Chang that I am really a family guy or else I will loose the tender of his mansion's construction. And I can't afford that.

Or...is it because you really want to show off your wife? My conscience intervened, again.

Shut the hell up!

"Hello, Mrs. Adams. Glad to meet you and congratulations on your wedding." He congratulated her and kissed at the back of her hand like a happy father would do.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Chang." Ms. Jones replied, blushing.

"Oh please, call me Lee." he said and smiled genuinely.

"Of course, I will but only if you'll call me Lara." Ms. Jones replied, returning the smile.

Mr. Chang laughed and nodded his head.

She is such a sweet girl and wins everyone's heart instantly. I like her...I mean I like this thing about her.

"Thanks for gracing us with your presence, Mrs. Chang. " Ms. Jones said and hugged Mrs. Chang tightly.