chapter 18- Day out

Lara' P.O.V. :

"Mommy, today you'll have to buy me a biggg tub of ice cream. I'm fine now. See, my nose is also clean-no raining from my nose...see!" Cara said, lifted her head so that I could see her nose.

"Okay fine, I'll buy you a biggg tub of icecream. Now, stop showing your nose like this. It's bad manners. Now let's go." I said as I carried Cara and headed towards the car.

Today we are going out to buy some grocery and some warm winter clothes. Ash took JoJo with her to play with him. Ash's new love, JoJo.

After 15 minutes of drive, we reached to the grocery shop.

"Raw meat-check, green vegies- check, milk- check..." I looked into my grocery list to make sure I had bought everything needed.

"Ice cream- not checked mommy..." Cara said crossing her arms.

"Okay...now it's the turn of your ice cream. Let's go!" I said as we walked to the ice cream stall near the shop.

"Which flavor, Cara?" I asked.

"Strawberry!" she said, excitedly.

"And you, mommy?" she asked, looking at me.

"Vanilla as always..." a male voice interrupted from behind.

I turned around and saw my school mate, Jack Walker standing in front of me.

"Oh my gosh! Jack you're here....long time. Where have you been Mr. Invisible?" I said and hugged him. He lifted me in his arms and swirled me around.

"Good to see you too, Kung-Fu panda he said pulling my nose.

He's still the same. He still remembers my nickname; panda and haven't forgotten to pull my nose. I really missed him all these years.

He is one of my five friends.

"Gosh...I missed you so much I just can't explain." I said as he put me down on the ground.

"I missed you too and not to forget your kicks." he said pecking on my cheeks.

"And how are you, Ms. little Jones?" he asked, bending down and kissing Cara's cheeks.

"I'm fine. But who are you?" she asked, holding my hands possessively.

"I'm your big sister's friend." he said, smiling.

"Oh!" Cara said, making an O with her mouth.

"The ice cream's on me." he said and bought us the ice creams.

We walked in the park for sometimes. He played with Cara. They really enjoyed each others' company. I also joined them.

"I had a great day with you. But I'm in a rush so I'll have to go. But I'll call you later." he said, keeping Cara down.

"Thanks for today." I said.

We hugged and he pecked on my cheeks.

*******

Shane's P.O.V. :

"Boss, the Chinese investors have accepted our terms and conditions and have agreed to invest in our new project." my personal assistant, Ryan said.

"They had no other choice, Ryan. They had to accept it. I left them no other option." I said, smirking.

"Sir, there's a call from Mrs. Adams." My secretary, Lisa informed me.

"Hello and yes you're talking to Mr. Shane Adams, who is your son and is an workaholic, is emotionless and blah blah blah. What's the matter?" I asked, teasingly.

"What's the matter? You asking-what's the matter, Mr. Shane Adams? If you forgot then let me remind you that it's your parents' marriage anniversary today. If you could make out some time for your old parents then it would be a great honour." Saying that, she hung the call.

What the fuck! How can I forget their anniversary? Shit!

"Lisa, order a three storey red velvet cake and a perfect wedding anniversary gift for my parents and get it delivered at my mansion. Now!" I almost yelled. She nodded her head timidly and ran out of the cabin.

I need to get ready for the party. Damn these ceremonies, anniversaries and birthdays. I don't get the logic why people need to celebrate something every year which happened a long ago. Can't they just celebrate it once and then forget about it?

I ran into my office's bedroom and changed into black Armani suit. I wore a baby pink shiny bow and my Rolex watch. I drove to my mansion.

Damn! The party has already started.

♡Don't forget to vote♡