chapter 19- Jealous?

Shane's P.O.V.:

"Happy marriage anniversary, mom and dad." I congratulated my parents.

I kissed my furious mother's cheeks to melt her anger.

"Thank you, son." Dad said, hugging me. 

"Thanks, honey." Mom kissed me back.

"So Shane, what's with the Chinese investors?" dad asked keeping his hand on my shoulder.

"Deal is sealed, dad. They had to agree-" I was cut off by my mom.

"Guys, can't you stop discussing your business at my party?" mom looked extremely angry.

"Sorry mom. Look, what I have brought for you?" I said showing her the 3 storey cake.

It made her smile.

"I didn't expect you would do this." mom said with teary eyes and hugged me.

******

I walked towards the bar with my business associate, Mr. James Raymark.

"Mr. Adams, I must say you're born to succeed. Firstly, you got the airport's construction tender and now you got the deal of the chinese investors." he said sipping his champagne.

"Thank you, Mr. Raymark." I thanked him.

"One champagne." I ordered the bartender.

"Mr. Adams, the party is really awesome and....." he stopped what he was saying and kept looking at something.

I followed where he was looking and found Ms. Jones sitting at the other end of the bar sipping orange juice.

She was wearing a pink dress. I couldn't avert my eyes from her.

"She's hot." I averted my eyes from her and looked at him.

Hot? She?

Nah!

"Catch you later. I need to ask her for a dance before anyone else does." he said and without waiting for my reply, he walked towards her.

He went to her and asked for a dance and she agreed.

What? She agreed? What the hell?

"One vodka..." I ordered the bartender.

He put his hands on her waist. She smiled looking at him.

How dare he hold her waist?

I gulped down the glass of vodka.

He said something to her and she blushed.

She fucking blushed?

She never blushed when I said something to her.

"One more..." I ordered another glass of vodka without averting my eyes from them.

I gulped it down in one shot.

Why are they so close? You don't need to come so close while dancing...

Can't he maintain distance from her and dance?

I averted my eyes from them and looked in another direction.

Argh....this is it.

I walked towards them angrily and stopped when I was close behind him.

"Mr. Raymark, if you don't mind then may I take her from you?" I asked him without averting my eyes from her.

You better leave her waist now, Raymark or you'll have to pay for it.