Prologue

WARNING! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ MY AFTER MOCKINGJAY TRILOGY! The first book is called Let the rest of our lives begin!

Prologue

-Willow-

I take a deep breath and put my hand on the door handle. I take another deep breath.

"Willow, I'm starting to get really, really old here", Sunny says behind me. "This is hard enough, would you stop that and just open the door?"

"Be my guest", I say and step aside.

Sunny is pregnant in her ninth month, so she's not the one to joke right now.

Sunny growls and opens the door.

We haven't been in here since we found Mama dead in her bed. We haven't wanted to, but we have to clean out the house now, it's time, it has been two months since Mama passed away and four months since Papa passed away. And I know that it's suppose to get better in time, but really, I think it only gets worse.

I dream about my parents every night. And sometimes it feels like they're really by my side, telling me that things will get better, but I know it's just a dream and my head messing with me, because of my sorrow.

Rye and I follow Sunny inside the house and just as I step inside, I just want to run out again. I mean, I know that this is the house I grew up in, but it just doesn't feel right to be in here when Mama and Papa aren't here.

I walk up the stairs and open the door to my old bedroom.

I smile as I enter. My room has been untouched ever since I was nineteen, that's when I moved in with Hunter. Hunter is the best and most loving husband there is, I'm just saying.

I walk inside my room. When I was little my room was painted in a shock pink, but when I turned fifteen, my Papa repainted it. He painted the walls. The middle in light blue, dark blue and black, as the evening sky and then a big beautiful sunset on the largest wall, with some stars starting to peak out on the other walls. It's so beautiful that I want to cry, it reminds me so much of Papa.

I see a pink fluffy bear on top of my drawer. I walk up to it. It has a dress on it, and under the dress it's not fluffy it's just some hard white fabric. I pull up the dress. Papa had written something on there.

"Happy birthday to my little girl, who is now five years old. You know that Papa loves you more then I'll be able to explain. I'll always be by your side. Love Papa", I read and I can feel the tears start to flow.

Why couldn't Mama and Papa live forever? When I was a little girl, I would be stupid enough to think that they would and that no one would ever take them away from me. But someone did. Death. Death took my Mama and Papa away from me.

I wipe away my tears with my hand and put back my bear on the drawer.

I leave my room and walk down to the living room.

I start taking down the books from the bookshelf. I recognize almost everyone of them, Mama and Papa used to read a lot to us.

But then I come across a photo album and I make the stupid mistake of opening it.

I see a photo on the first page, and under it Papa has written: "The Mellark Family".

I turn the page. It's so many photos of our family.

I shut the book and throw it across the room and then I scream in my hands.

"AAAAHHHH!"

This is just too hard. Why does this have to be so hard? I thought that I could handle it, but it's so obvious that I can't.

The front door opens and inside comes Hunter, Sally, Katie and Damien with little Savannah. All the other kids are in school at the moment.

Rye and Sunny hurry down the stairs.

"Will!" Hunter shouts and runs up to me. "Baby, oh no"

He wraps his arms around me and I cry onto his shoulder.

"What happened?" Sunny asks, shocked.

"I found a family photo album" I cry.

No one says anything. Hunter only hugs me tighter.

"Hey Willow, what's this?" Rye suddenly asks.

"What?" I ask.

"This", Rye says and I force myself to turn my head around and look at what Rye has in his hands.

He has a book I don't recognize. It looks like it's hand made. It's really beautiful though, so my guess is that Papa made it.

What a strange name for a book though.

"The corpse of the past?" Sunny asks and frowns. "What kind of name is that?"

"I don't know" I say and take the book from Rye. I open it and inside of the hard cover I find an envelope I take it and open it.

"Hey kids,

This is your Mama and Papa. We knew that you would find this book sooner or later after we passed away. This is a book that explains our past to you, we know that you've been curious, but we wanted you to know when you really were old enough to understand, and because it may be something in this book that kids don't usually want to know about their parents ;) but other then that, it explains a lot and we hope that it will answer some of your questions,

Love,

always and forever,

Mama and Papa.

PS:

No one will ever love you as much as we do, you hear that Hunter? Yes I'm talking to you!"

Hunter laughs at the end.

"Silly Uncle Peeta", he mumbles.

"So this is a book about Mama and Papas life?" Sunny asks. "But, what don't we want to know about our parents?"

"Guess twice", Rye laughs. "What do you think Savannah doesn't want to know what you're doing with her father when she's asleep?"

"Oh... Oh!"

I giggle and shake my head. I couldn't care less about that right know.

"This is a book about Mama and Papas past", I say. "Before I was born, right after the rebellion".

"Well, start reading then!" Rye says.

Everyone makes themselves comfortable then I open the book and start to read aloud.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
🖋1058✒️

Okay, so this was the prologue, and tomorrow comes the first chapter, I hope you liked it so far though :)

Please tell me what you thought about this, I really want to know what you thought :)

So vote and comment, please do that, it would mean a lot to me :)

-Josephine xx