Chapter 26: Telling Annie

Chapter 26

-Katniss-

The baptism is going to be beautiful. It really is.

But right now, Annie and I are on our way back to the village. We need to change into other clothes. Besides, no one is here yet, the baptism is in a few hours.

Oh I hope that Peeta is cooking the food, and is not just playing with Finn.

"You know, even this early, I think that Finn and Peeta got something special, don't you?" Annie asks.

Actually I do.

"Yeah, but that's cute", I say.

"Right!" Annie laughs.

I start to laugh as well. Oh Annie. She's actually not as she was before. She has always been mentally unstable ever since her Hunger Games. But she's actually, if I may say so myself, healthy now. Maybe it's because she knows that Finn needs her to be strong. He doesn't have his father, that always used to take care of Annie, so now maybe she feels like she needs to be strong and take care if their son.

But she knows that Peeta and I will always be here to help her.

Annie follows me home, she needs to pick up Finn.

"I wonder what those two are doing", Annie says thoughtfully.

I start to laugh again. I don't think that they're doing very much, I mean what can they possibly be doing? Finn is only a baby, and Peeta needs to look after him. It's not like they can do so much. But... I wouldn't be surprised if Peeta is trying to teach Finn how to cook. I don't even think that Peeta cares that Finn doesn't have a clue about what Peeta is doing.

"What can they be doing?" I ask.

Annie shrugs.

I giggle, as I open the door and we walk inside. But we stop in our moves.

Okay. That is officially the must cutest and adorable thing I've ever seen in my entire life. I'm not kidding.

Peeta is lying on the sofa, sleeping. And on the sofa, right beside Peeta, with support from one of Peetas arms, Finn is sleeping on his back, snuggled into Peetas chest and with a tight grip of Peetas other hand.

"Katniss get the camera!" Annie whispers.

I quietly run up the stairs and get the camera from mine and Peetas bedroom. When I come down again, I stand in front of the sofa and take a photo of them.

I look at them. Suddenly I feel a stab in my heart.

Peeta really loves children, and I can't give him them. Or I can... But I don't want to. And because of that, I feel so bad. I know that Peeta wants them, but I don't. I mean I like children and all, and I love Finn. But I don't want children of my own. Even if there is no more Hunger Games, it feels like I would lose them in another way. And I wouldn't be able to continue my life if I had children and then lost them. It's just like if I would lose Peeta again. If that would happen, I would seriously just lay down on the ground and die.

I feel like the most horrible girlfriend of all time. Peeta does everything to me, and he gets me anything I want. But I can't give him the one thing he always wanted. But even though how terrible I feel about this, I still won't change my mind. Maybe I will in the future, but I really don't think so. I really don't. I hope I will. But I don't think I will.

Annie and I sneak quietly out to the kitchen.

"That was what I was talking about", Annie says, smiling big. But she sees my face. "Katniss what's wrong?"