Chapter 47: News

Chapter 47

-Katniss-

Stella is happier then ever, now when everything with the adoption is finished.

She knows that she's our daughter for real now.

Although we thought of her as a daughter way before we signed those papers.

Her room is finished. The walls are painted with her favourite color, purple, and all of her stuff is purple as well. Apart from the sheets and the clothes and her cuddle toys.

Peeta, Annie, Finn, Stella and I are in town right now.

I wanted to shop some new cute clothes for Stella. Annie decided that she wanted to come with and then Peeta also wanted to come, so Finn had no other option. But he's happy anyways, he walks along Stella and never lets go of her hand.

"So it's all done? She's really Stella Mellark now, your daughter?" Annie asks exited.

"Yeah she is", I say proud.

"Yeah, everything is done, we signed the papers last week", Peeta says.

Annie and Finn have been in District 7 to visit Johanna. Peeta and I couldn't. We would have to take Stella with us, but because she wasn't legally our daughter until last week, we couldn't take her out of the district. So Annie and Finn have been there.

Maybe that's why Finn won't let go of Stella's hand. He missed her.

"Oh I'm so happy for you guys", She says and hugs us both as we walk.

"Here, Stella, Finn, you walk to far, we're going in here", Peeta shouts after them.

They turn around, and starts to walk towards us again.

"Sorry daddy", Stella laughs.

"Silly girl", I Peeta says and strokes Stella's golden hair.

Stella only smiles big and snuggle her face into Peetas shirt.

We walk into the clothes store.

"Oh... look at this one mommy", Stella says with a voice that gets me think that shes in love or something. That's way too early.

But then I realize that she talks about a dress.

I hear Peeta take a calming breath and I know that he thought the same thing as me first.

Stella stands and looks at a really beautiful dress in her small size. It's a golden dress with thin straps that matches her hair and eyes perfectly. There are also a pair of golden shoes with.

"Oh that's beautiful darling", I say walking up to her.

"Yeah, it's way to expensive though", she sighs and starts to walk away from it.

"No wait hold up young lady", I say and Stella stops and turns around.

"What mommy? It's way to expensive", Stella says disappointed. "I need to find something else".

I don't think that she understands how filthy rich Peeta and I are, The price of the dress is nothing.

"No sweetie", I say. "You can get the dress".

"Really?" Stella asks.

"Of course", Peeta says and smiles at her. "That dress isn't as beautiful if you don't have it".

"Thank you, thank you, thank you", she shouts an hugs us both at the same time, as she keeps on saying that. "Thank you, thank you, thank you".

"So I take it you'll buy this dress for this lovely young lady?" The owner asks, coming up to us.