Chapter 46: Scared

Chapter 46

-Peeta-

"Stella are you coming?" Katniss calls.

She and I are standing in the hall, waiting for Stella to come down.

"I don't know", Stella calls back, but she slowly walks down the stairs.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

She sits down on the second step of the stairs.

She looks down in her lap. I see a tear fall down on her pink jeans.

"Oh no, honey what's wrong?" Katniss asks and sits down on her knees below Stella and take one of her hands in hers.

I sit down on my knees beside Katniss.

"Sweetie look at us please", I say to her.

But she doesn't. Instead I only see another tear fall down on her pink jeans.

I put my hand under her chin and gently move her head up so she can look at us.

"Please sweetheart, what's wrong?" I ask her.

She looks at us and more tears starts to flow down her cheeks.

"Stella honey, what's wrong, please tell us", Katniss says worried.

"It's just... what if ... what if they don't", Stella tries to talk between her tears. Her big brown eyes are showing so much fear. She's scared of something.

"Hey come on, you know that you can talk to us about anything Stella", Katniss says.

"Yeah, exactly everything", I nod, and stroke her cheek gently.

"It's just ... what if they don't accept the adoption, what if they say no", she cries.

Aha. She's afraid that the orphanage won't accept the adoption.

She doesn't know that we've already talked to them. And that we're only going to sign some papers right now. Everything is basically done already, only they need our signatures on the papers.

"Yes, they will, it's already done, we just need to sign the papers sweetheart", Katniss says, stroking her cheek.

Stella looks at Katniss. She wipes her nose with her hand back and looks at Katniss with two times bigger eyes.

"Really? Your not lying now?" She asks.

I smile, and wipe her tears with my big thumb.

"Of course sweetheart", I say.

She reaches out her arms and locks them around my neck.

I stand up and she hangs down but I put one of my arms under her butt and wipe away the last of her tears with my thumb.

She locks her arms tighter around my neck and her legs around my waist as she paste herself onto me and puts her chin on my shoulder. She still sobs, but she isn't crying anymore.

I look at Katniss and she smiles. I stroke her cheek and she hooks her arm with mine and we walk out of the house.

People looks at us as we walk. People knows that Stella has been living with us because of those lovely reporters and paparazzi's. But they haven't figured out that we're adopting her. They will soon enough, and I'm not really longing forward for it.

We walk all the way to the orphanage and Stella starts to shake.

"What's wrong honey?" I ask.

"I don't like the orphanage", she whispers in my ear with a shaky voice.

"It's okay, you won't stay here", I whisper.

"No you're going home with us sweatheart", Katniss says and strokes her hair.

We are greeted by the owner of the orphanage and sits down in her office.

Stella refuses to take her arms away. She still has them locked around my neck and her legs are still locked around my waist. So when I sit down in the chair, I only sit on half the chair so I don't hurt her feet.

"So I've prepared all the papers, and the only thing that's missing are your signatures", Mrs. Banks says.

"Okay, well are these all the papers?" Katniss asks, taking up a few papers that Mrs. Banks put on the desk.

"Yeah, so just sign them", Mrs. Banks says. "And her new last name if you want her to have a new one".

Katniss told me that she wants Stella to have my last name.

Katniss signs everything with her name, and than it's my turn.

"Stella, I need to sign the papers, can you maybe..." I say.

Katniss takes a hold of Stella and moves her from me to her, and Stella locks her arms around Katniss neck instead, and the same with her legs around Katniss waist, and puts her chin on Katniss shoulder.

She refuses to look at Mrs. Banks.

I sign my name on the different papers, and the change of her last name.

"There", I say and smile.

"Stella, say goodbye to Mrs. Banks", Katniss says to Stella and strokes her hair.

She shakes her head.

"Why not?" Mrs. Banks asks.

"I don't want you to change your mind, I want to go now before that happens", she mumbles with closed eyes.

"No Stella, I won't, you're their child now, everything is done, you're now Stella ...", Mrs. Banks looks at the paper. "Mellark. You're Stella Mellark and you're going home with your parents".

Stella sobs, but then she raises her head and turns around and looks at Mrs. Banks.

"Really?" She asks.

Mrs. Banks smiles.

"Really", she says and Stella smiles really big.

Stella put her one of her arms around Katniss neck and the other arm around my neck and starts to giggle.

I smile big and kisses Stella's cheek. She is our daughter now. She's Stella Mellark.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋905✒️

Hey guys, like I said I'm starting to update now :D

So here's one of the updates that I promised you guys.

What did you think it it? Did you like it? Hate it?

Please tell me what you thought if the chapter, I would really much like to know what you guys thought about this :)

-Josephine xx